Vipers Acquire Chris Taft
McAllen, Texas, January 8, 2008 - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers today announced the acquisition of power forward Chris Taft. Taft was a second round draft pick by the Golden State Warriors in the 2005 NBA Draft.
The Brooklyn, NY native played college basketball at Pittsburg and tied for sixth in Pittsburgh history in career blocked shots (110) in just two seasons, and he was one of only eight players in school history to surpass 100 career blocked shots.
Taft will join the Vipers in Utah as they take on the Flash on Wednesday night. The Vipers return to the Dodge Arena on January 13th where they will host the Albuquerque Thunderbirds. Taft is replacing Gabe Muoneke who left the team.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2008
- Mad Ants Lock Up the 14ers - Colorado 14ers
- Vipers Acquire Chris Taft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Toros Host Get Fit Night This Thursday - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Recall Almond from Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- Tony Bobbitt Returns to the 14ers - Colorado 14ers
- D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Home Court Magic Sparks a Lakeland Victory over Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Give the Blues a 104-97 Defeat
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Reacquire Gary Payton II and Waive Kentrell Barkley
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario