Vipers Acquire Chris Johnson
MCALLEN, Texas, December 15, 2014 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers General Manager Gianluca Pascucci today announced that the Vipers have acquired forward Chris Johnson.
Johnson (6-6, 201, Dayton) last played for the Philadelphia 76ers, where he averaged 6.0 ppg in 9 appearances this season. He was waived by the 76ers on Nov. 15. During the 2013-14 season, Johnson played in 40 games with the Boston Celtics, where he averaged 6.3 ppg.
Johnson previously appeared in 59 games with the Vipers during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. He averaged 10.6 ppg during the 2012-13 season and 19.4 ppg during the 2013-14 season. The Vipers drafted Johnson seventh overall in the 2012 NBA D-League Draft, and he was a member of the Vipers' 2013 NBA D-League Championship squad. During his time with RGV, Johnson earned two GATORADE Call-Ups, the first from the Memphis Grizzlies on Jan. 23, 2013 and the second from the Boston Celtics on Jan. 17, 2014.
The Vipers will host a sold out Kids Day Thursday, Dec. 18 at 11 a.m. (CT) at State Farm Arena. Then, RGV will host the Canton Charge Saturday, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m. (CT). For more information about the RGV Vipers 2014-15 season or to purchase season tickets, contact the Vipers at 956-972-1144.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 15, 2014
- Vipers Acquire Chris Johnson - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bakersfield's Earl Barron Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - G League
- Heat Recall Napier and Whiteside from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Blair Leads Vipers to Top of G League
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Earn Third NBA G League Championship
- The Chase for Three Continues: Vipers Force a Winner Take All in the 2019 NBA G League Finals
- Vipers Fall Short to Nets in Game 1 of NBA G League Finals | April 7
- Houston Rockets Sign Guard Michael Frazier