Vancouver Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward Cole Shepard
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Giants General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Giants have signed 2002-born forward Cole Shepard (West Vancouver, B.C.) to a Standard WHL Player Agreement. The team made it official this morning during a media conference at the Ladner Leisure Centre.
"We are very happy to have Cole and the Shepard family committed to the Vancouver Giants," said Barclay Parneta. "He provides a solid mix of speed and skill and can impact a game in a lot of positive ways. He's going to be a key contributor to our success in the years to come."
Originally selected 33rd overall by the Giants in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, Shepard joins the Giants after spending his 16-year-old season with the BCHL's Penticton Vees. In 53 games the 5'10", 152-pound forward scored seven goals and added 17 assists for 24 points. Shepard spent the two previous seasons with the Delta Hockey Academy notching 53 points in 34 games during the 2017-18 season in Midget and 47 points in 30 games in 2016-17 in Bantam. He is eligible for the 2020 NHL Draft.
Internationally, Shepard suited up for Canada Red at the 2018 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge and registered four assists in six games.
With this signing, Shepard becomes the sixth Giant from their 2017 WHL Bantam Draft class to commit to the team joining the likes of: Justin Sourdif, Tanner Brown, Krz Plummer, Braedy Euerby and Jacob Gendron. Shepard joins his older brother Jackson who was acquired by the Giants in a trade with Lethbridge on May 24, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2019
- Protas Signs Entry-Level Contract with Capitals - Prince Albert Raiders
- Vancouver Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward Cole Shepard - Vancouver Giants
- Olson Named 2019-20 Team Captain - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Select Forward Duncan Shin in Round 2 of the 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft
- Giants Select D-Man Philippe Blais-Savoie in Round 1 of the 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft
- A Statement from the Vancouver Giants
- Statement from the Vancouver Giants
- An Update from the Vancouver Giants on Covid-19