USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 24, 2020
September 24, 2020 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
The United Soccer League (USL) can confirm that 1,412 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 35 Championship clubs between September 7th and September 14th with 10 individuals testing positive from five clubs.
USL League One
The USL can confirm that 492 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 11 League One clubs between September 7th and September 14th with one individual testing positive.
Those players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the USL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities. Anyone identified via contact tracing will also be quarantined and tested.
What happens after a positive test?
The individual will be immediately isolated and receive follow-up care and treatment from team physicians and infectious disease experts.
If appropriate (at the discretion of the team physician), the individual may be tested again to ensure the initial test was not a false positive.
All indoor areas in which the individual has been will be closed for 24 hours for cleaning and disinfection.
The individual's club, in consultation with the state or local health department, will conduct a contact tracing investigation.
Anyone identified in the contact tracing investigation will immediately quarantine and be tested one or more times on a schedule to be determined by the team physician.
As the 2020 season continues, the USL will make a central announcement of COVID-19 test results on a weekly basis to continue to support competition integrity and transparency.
In order to protect the privacy of those involved, no specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the USL.
At minimum, players, and staff members who are in close contact with players, will be given a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) diagnostic test for COVID-19 every week.
In addition, players and staff members who work with players will be quarantined and given additional PCR tests if they are symptomatic or if they have been in close contact for a prolonged period with a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 24, 2020
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 24, 2020 - USL
- Playoff Implications: a Look Ahead for Legion FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Portland Timbers 2 - September 24, 2020 - Tacoma Defiance
- North Carolina FC Looks to Secure a Win against Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- Battery Sign Evan Posnanski to Academy Contract - Charleston Battery
- Preview: Republic FC vs. Reno 1868 FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Hartford Athletic - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Five Local Businesses Selected for Republic FC Kickstart Finals - Sacramento Republic FC
- 1868 FC Faces First Opportunity to Seal First Place in Group A - Reno 1868 FC
- LA Galaxy II Play to 1-1 Draw vs. San Diego Loyal - LA Galaxy II
- SD Loyal Adds a Point with a 1-1 Draw at LA Galaxy II in Group B Play - San Diego Loyal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.