Update from the NLL on COVID-19
The National Lacrosse League has determined that it is in the best interests of our fans, our players, our coaches and our staff to temporarily suspend play until further notice due to concerns over COVID-19. We will continue to evaluate this situation and remain in constant communication with health, team, business and league officials across North America. Security and safety are our top priorities and focus in these challenging and unprecedented times, and we will continue to provide updates on resumption and rescheduling of play as they are determined.
The team is not traveling to Vancouver for its game this weekend. At this time, we are unaware of how or if the temporary suspension will affect future home or road games. We appreciate your support and will continue to closely monitor the situation.
The California Department of Public Health has recommended a postponement or cancellation of large gatherings that include 250 people or more including professional, college and school sporting events "for at least the remainder of the month of March." We have taken this under advisement and will prioritize the health and wellbeing of our fans and team prior to making any further decisions about the remaining games to be played this season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement on Tickets for Postponed Games - Colorado Mammoth
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Rochester Knighthawks
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Buffalo Bandits
- Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues - Colorado Mammoth
- Statement from Comcast Spectacor Regarding Wells Fargo Center Events - Philadelphia Wings
- Canucks Sports & Entertainment Issues Statement on NLL Suspension - Vancouver Warriors
- Bandits Issue Statement Regarding NLL's Decision to Pause Season - Buffalo Bandits
- Knighthawks Issue Statement Regarding NLL's Decision to Pause Season - Rochester Knighthawks
- Update from the NLL on COVID-19 - San Diego Seals
- National Lacrosse League to Suspend Play - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.