Union Omaha Present Jersey Sale Donations to Nebraska Medicine and Chi Health During Final Home Match
PAPILLION, Neb. - Union Omaha presented donations from the sale of its 2020 Inaugural Season kit jerseys to Nebraska Medicine and CHI Health. Each organization received $2,500 at halftime during the last regular season match at Werner Park on Saturday, October 24.
"This season has been successful on and off the field," said Martie Cordaro, the club's president. "Honoring front-line healthcare workers has been at the forefront of 2020. Their efforts will forever be memorialized on our inaugural season jerseys."
In April, Union Omaha launched its Inaugural Season kit and donated the kit partnership to Nebraska Medicine and CHI Health and in addition, the club committed to donate a portion of the sales of each jersey to honor frontline healthcare workers, build awareness, and support each organization's COVID Relief Funds.
"Seeing the Nebraska Medicine emblem on these jerseys this season has been a source of pride for our health care teams," said James Linder, MD, CEO of Nebraska Medicine. "We are grateful for this donation which supports the important work we are doing. After months of being on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic, it provides a morale boost at a crucial time for our colleagues."
The Nike jerseys feature the club's crest on the front right side and Nike swoosh on the front left side. The kit partners are featured across the chest and over the heart; CHI Health positioned across the black jersey and Nebraska Medicine across the white jersey. On the back side, underneath the last name and number, both jerseys feature the #BendTheCurve hashtag which is part of a national awareness campaign to combat the spread of COVID-19. The right sleeve features Blackstone District, the club's official apartment provider and kit sleeve partner. The left sleeve features the USL League One patch.
"CHI Health congratulates Union Omaha Soccer on their successful inaugural season. This generous donation will go towards our organization's employee assistance fund (Faith/Hope/Love), which provides emergency financial assistance to employees during times of need." Said Kathy Bertolini, CHI Health Vice President Philanthropy
Union Omaha thanks those who supported its 2020 Inaugural Season by purchasing kit jerseys to help these great community organizations.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 26, 2020
- Union Omaha Present Jersey Sale Donations to Nebraska Medicine and Chi Health During Final Home Match - Union Omaha
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - October 26, 2020 - USL1
- Forward Madison FC Announces Leadership Change - Forward Madison FC
- CHI Memorial Stadium to Host Sunday Social Taste Testing for 2021 Menu Items - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Union Omaha Stories
- Union Omaha Signs Two New Players Ahead of 2021 Season
- Union Omaha Hires Consultant to Secure 2021 Jersey Sponsorship
- Union Omaha Announce Roster Moves for 2021
- Union Omaha Hosts 2020 Open Tryout
- Union Omaha Present Jersey Sale Donations to Nebraska Medicine and Chi Health During Final Home Match