Tyler Wagner, Nathan Orf Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars
VIERA, Fla. - The Florida State League has announced today that Brevard County Manatees starting pitcher Tyler Wagner and infielder Nathan Orf have been named to the FSL Post-Season All-Star Team for 2014.
Wagner was one of four starting pitchers named to the FSL Post-Season All-Star Team. Through 24 starts, the right-hander is a league-leader or near the top of the FSL in several categories. Wagner leads the FSL in both wins (13) and innings pitched (146.0). He also has the second-lowest ERA at 1.91, the third-lowest opponents' batting average with a .225 mark and the third-most strikeouts with 118.
This is one of several accolades that Wagner has accumulated over the course of the 2014 season. In terms of league awards, the right-hander from Las Vegas, Nev. was also named to the FSL Mid-Season All-Star Team and was named the league's Player of the Month for July. Wagner earned organizational honors, as well. He was named the Milwaukee Brewers' Minor League Pitcher of the Month for July and is now ranked as the 14th-best prospect in the Brewers' organization by MLB.com.
Orf was selected as the utility infielder on the FSL Post-Season All-Star Team. The St. Charles, Mo. native ranks seventh in the league and second among active FSL hitters in batting average with a .292 mark. Orf has also been hit by an inordinate number of pitches this year. His 21 hit-by-pitches leads the FSL and has helped him rank third in the league in on-base percentage at .391.
Orf's best work at the plate in 2014 came in June. In 23 games, the Baylor University product racked up a league-best .409 batting average and an FSL-high .486 on-base percentage. During that month, Orf strung together hits in 13 consecutive games, which still stands as the longest hitting streak by a Brevard County hitter this season.
The 2014 FSL Post-Season All-Star Team was selected by Field Managers, Official Scorers and club Sports Writers, representing the twelve (12) teams in the league.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 26, 2014
- Mets Rally Past Crabs for 5-2 Win - St. Lucie Mets
- T-Yanks Stay Hot with 4-1 Win over Threshers - Tampa Yankees
- Turner Lifts Miracle to 7-4 Win with Four-Hit, Four-RBI Night - Fort Myers Miracle
- Keefer Boosts Sharks to Doubleheader Split - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Leiter's Strong Start Not Enough in 4-1 Loss - Clearwater Threshers
- Mets' Maron Selected to 2014 FSL All Star Team - St. Lucie Mets
- Rosa, Moran and Tilson Named to FSL Post-Season All-Star Team - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Manager of the Year Omar Malavé Highlights Dunedin Blue Jays' FSL All-Star Honors - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tyler Wagner, Nathan Orf Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Brevard County Manatees
- Jake Cave Selected to the FSL Post-Season All-Star Team - Tampa Yankees
- Florida State League Names End of Season All-Star Team - FSL
- Marauders Sweep FSL Player and Pitcher of the Year Awards - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.