Tyler Carpenter Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake
BILOXI, Miss. - The Los Angeles Angels announced Tuesday that right-handed pitcher Tyler Carpenter was activated from the Mobile BayBears 7-day injured list and promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake. Carpenter made his Triple-A debut in a start Tuesday afternoon at Iowa.
Carpenter, 27, spent majority of the 2017 and 2019 seasons with Mobile after making his Double-A debut in 2016 with Arkansas. Carpenter made 14 starts with the BayBears in 2017, going 2-6 with a 4.46 ERA. He pitched six scoreless innings in a win on Opening Day and allowed just one run on two hits in eight innings against Pensacola on April 22, retiring the final 19 batters he faced.
After undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2018, Carpenter returned to the BayBears this season. In 12 games, nine starts, he went 1-2 with a 4.01 ERA. Carpenter allowed just five earned runs in 20 1/3 innings in his first four starts of the second half. He went a season-high seven innings in a quality start July 30 against Mississippi.
The Alpharetta, Georgia native was selected by the Angels in the 25th round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of Georgia Gwinnett College. This is the first time Carpenter has been promoted to Triple-A in his career.
The BayBears begin a five-game road series against the Biloxi Shuckers Tuesday at 6:35 p.m. Live coverage can be seen on MiLB.tv (Biloxi feed, subscription required, promo code: BAYBEARS) and heard on MobileBayBears.com, the TuneIn app, and the MiLB First Pitch app, with the Countdown to First Pitch starting at 6:15 p.m.
The BayBears return home Sunday and host a total of 70 home dates through Labor Day, September 2. The new BayBears Pass is available, featuring a general admission ticket to every BayBears game at Hank Aaron Stadium for only $19.97 per month. Partial plans are also available, and individual game tickets can be purchased online at MobileBayBears.com or by calling 251-572-BEAR (2327).
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Barons Hand Braves Loss in Homestand Opener - Mississippi Braves
- Barons Blistering Offense Torches Braves - Birmingham Barons
- Runs Scored Early in Lookouts Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Seven for Seven - Biloxi Cruises to Seventh Straight Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- Biscuit Jacks Topple Generals, 5-2 - Jackson Generals
- Smokies Snap Home Skid with 6-1 Win over Jumbo Shrimp - Tennessee Smokies
- Smokies Top Shrimp 6-1 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits Homer Thrice, Top Generals, 5-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Tyler Carpenter Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Generals Gameday: August 13 vs. Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Biloxi Shuckers Homestand Highlights August 13 Through 17 - Biloxi Shuckers
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 13 at Tennessee - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.