Generals Gameday: August 13 vs. Montgomery
Jackson Generals (68-49 Overall, 29-18 2nd Half)
Vs. Montgomery Biscuits (76-44, 32-18 2nd Half)
Tuesday, August 13 | 6:05 pm CT | Game 118 | 2nd Half Game 48
Generals SP: RHP Bo Takahashi (8-5, 3.74 ERA)
Opponent SP: RHP Paul Campbell (6-4, 3.18 ERA)
LAST GAME: Chattanooga, Tenn. - The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, finished their season series finale against the Chattanooga Lookouts with a 6-4 victory at AT&T Field on Sunday, winning their first rubber game in four tries this season. The Generals (68-49) won their 40th road game of the season with a four-run surge in the fourth inning, racking up 17 hits in the matinee victory over Chattanooga (53-65). Full Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHING MATCHUP: Right-hander Bo Takahashi gets the ball to begin an important series for the Generals, who are one and a half games behind the Biscuits entering Tuesday in the North Division race for the Second Half title. Takahashi has allowed three runs or fewer in each of his last 3 starts, but his two starts against the Biscuits have been very different. He beat them in May after allowing one run in five innings, but Montgomery tagged him for five runs in a mid-July no-decision over 5 1/3 innings. Paul Campbell, a former teammate of Seth Beer at Clemson, is the opponent. He threw two innings in relief against Birmingham on August 9 with one run allowed; he hasn't made a scoreless appearance in any of his last three outings, working only 12 innings.
PLAYOFF PUSH: Here are the two most likely playoff scenarios for the Generals, who are 1.5 games behind Montgomery entering their ten-game homestand (20 games remaining in the regular season):
1) Jackson wins the Second Half title for the North Division. If this happens, the Generals would earn a playoff berth and the right to host Games 3, 4 and 5 in the North Division series, likely to be played September 6, 7, and 8.
2) Montgomery wins the Second Half race for the North Division title, and the Generals finish with the second-best overall record for the entire season. If this happens, the Generals would earn a playoff berth, but they would only get the right to host Game 3 of the North Division Series, likely played September 6. Games 1, 2, 4, and 5 of the series would be played at Montgomery.
ALL-STAR 2020: On July 29, the Jackson Generals announced that they would play host to the 2020 Southern League All-Star Game at The Ballpark at Jackson, their first All-Star Game since 2011. Manager Blake Lalli was a participant in that 2011 game, which the North Division won 6-3. (CLICK: 2020 SL ASG release)
Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss Tickets Link
WILLIE NELSON & ALISON KRAUSS, LIVE IN JACKSON!
Tickets for Tuesday, September 17th's Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss concert at The Ballpark at Jackson are on sale now by phone, in person, and on our website at JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com. Don't miss seeing these 2 stars!
ALL THE KIDS ARE DOING IT: The Junior Generals Kids Club has been completely revamped for 2019, with over 300 participants already signed up! New achievement levels are in place, with rewards given to the most loyal fans. Get the most out of your child's time at The Ballpark - sign them up today!
Kids Club 2019 Link
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Barons Hand Braves Loss in Homestand Opener - Mississippi Braves
- Barons Blistering Offense Torches Braves - Birmingham Barons
- Runs Scored Early in Lookouts Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Seven for Seven - Biloxi Cruises to Seventh Straight Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- Biscuit Jacks Topple Generals, 5-2 - Jackson Generals
- Smokies Snap Home Skid with 6-1 Win over Jumbo Shrimp - Tennessee Smokies
- Smokies Top Shrimp 6-1 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits Homer Thrice, Top Generals, 5-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Tyler Carpenter Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Generals Gameday: August 13 vs. Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Biloxi Shuckers Homestand Highlights August 13 Through 17 - Biloxi Shuckers
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 13 at Tennessee - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.