Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
CINCINNATI - Two FC Cincinnati players were called up to represent their respective national teams for matches during the upcoming FIFA window. Kendall Waston has been called in to Costa Rica and Kamohelo Mokotjo has been called in to South Africa. Costa Rica will play two international friendlies, while South Africa will play a pair of Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Waston has earned 41 caps and has scored six goals for the Ticos. FC Cincinnati's captain most recently played for Costa Rica in the group stage of the CONCACAF Nations League in November 2019. With FC Cincinnati in 2020, Waston has made 17 appearances, all starts.
Mokotjo has earned 22 caps and has registered two assists for Bafana Bafana. The midfielder most recently played for South Africa in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Sudan on Nov. 17, 2019. With FC Cincinnati in 2022, Mokotjo has made eight appearances, including five starts.
Costa Rica will play two matches, both international friendlies. First, the Ticos will play Qatar on Friday, Nov. 13, at Profertil Arena Hartberg in Hartberg, Austria. Additionally, Costa Rica will play the Basque Country on Monday, Nov. 16 at IpurÃºa stadium in Eibar, Spain.
South Africa will play a pair of Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against São Tomé and PrÃncipe. The first match will be played on Friday, Nov.13, at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa. The second match will take place on Monday, Nov. 16, at Estadio Nacional 12 de Julho in São Tomé, São Tomé and PrÃncipe.
FC Cincinnati will conclude the 2020 MLS regular season on Sunday, Nov. 8, when the club plays expansion side Inter Miami CF for the first time on Decision Day. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 6, 2020
- Houston Dynamo vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: November 8, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Reno 1868 FC to Cease Operations - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York and Toronto Meet at Red Bull Arena for Decision Day, Presented by AT&T - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Will Not be Renewing the Contract of Head Coach Gerson Echeverry with RGV FC - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Confirms Positive COVID Test - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Battles for First Place Sunday at RSL - Sporting Kansas City
- Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC's AnÃÂbal Godoy and Randall Leal Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Remains Focused on Playoff Position Going into MLS Decision Day Pres. by AT&T - Nashville SC
- #MINvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Add Four Players in 2021 MLS SuperDraft, Select Calvin Harris with Second Overall Pick
- FC Cincinnati Acquire International Roster Spot from Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Free Agent Goalkeeper Cody Cropper
- FC Cincinnati Sign Winger Ben Mines
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Costa Rica International Defender Ronald Matarrita from New York City FC