TWC sponsors MISL Championship
MILWAUKEE (Feb. 21, 2008) -- Time Warner Cable will be the title sponsor of the 2008 Major Indoor Soccer League Championship Series Final in Milwaukee, the Wave announced today.
Milwaukee is the host for the one-game Time Warner Cable Championship at 7 p.m. April 26 in the U.S. Cellular Arena. The Wave have played in the final seven times since 1998, winning four championships.
"Our friends at Time Warner Cable have been great supporters of the Wave, both on and off the field," said Mike Lafferty, chief operating officer of the Wave. "We're thrilled that a winning company like Time Warner has chosen to associate itself with the MISL's premier event."
Time Warner and the Wave have a close partnership, extending from live and taped games and The Keith Tozer Show on Time Warner Sports, Channel 32, to the Hang Tough School Day Game on March 19. The unmistakable Road Runner logo, identifying Time Warner's high-speed data service, is on the front of the Wave's jersey.
The MISL playoffs begin the weekend of April 11-13 with four of the six qualified teams in action. The top two regular-season finishers receive a bye and open their playoff run April 18-20 in the semifinals. Each of the first two rounds are two-game series, with a "golden goal" tiebreaker used if necessary.
The Milwaukee Wave are four-time world champions (1998, 2000, 2001, 2005) and are the longest-running soccer franchise in North America in continuous operation, founded in 1984.
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League 2 message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League 2 Stories from February 21, 2008
- Ironmen Come Out Victorious In Inaugural "Healthy Kids Day" - New Jersey Ironmen
- Cougars defeated by Ironmen 16-8 at Prudential Center - California Cougars
- TWC sponsors MISL Championship - Milwaukee Wave
- Coach's Corner, with Storm head coach Steve Morris - Chicago Storm
- Storm sign college draft pick Stephen Brust - Chicago Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Milwaukee Wave announces cancellation of 2020-21 season
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend