Tri-City Shut out in Series Opener
The Tri-City Dust Devils (5-9, 23-29) were held scoreless by Hillsboro Hops (8-6, 32-20) on Thursday as the team lost 3-0. It was just the third time this season that the Dust Devils have been kept without a run by an opponent.
Tri-City received solid pitching throughout the night. Starter Sam Keating suffered the loss after allowing only two runs in five innings of work. Two of Hillsboro's runs came off of wild pitches, while a solo home run by Joey Rose was responsible for the third. The game marked the Northwest League debut for Xavier Edwards and Tucupita Marcano. Edwards, on his 19th birthday, had a single in his first at bat with the Dust Devils in the bottom of the first inning.
Tri-City will look to get back in the win column on Friday night. Left-hander Omar Cruz will toe the rubber for the team. The Hops will counter with right-hander Jackson Goddard. Friday will be Star Wars Night at Gesa Stadium. Fans will have the opportunity to take photos with Star Wars characters, as well as bid on special game worn Star Wars jerseys. Proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit Safe Harbor Support Center. It will also be a CO-Energy $1 Family Feast Night. Hot dogs, ice cream sandwiches, bags of potato chips and 12 ounce Coca-Cola products will be $1 all night long. Tickets are available by calling the Dust Devils' front office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
Transactions for 8-8-2018:
Owen Miller transferred from Tri-City to Fort Wayne.
Olivier Basabe transferred from Tri-City to Fort Wayne.
Xavier Edwards transferred from AZL Padres to Tri-City
Tucupita Marcano transferred from AZL Padres2 to Tri-City.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 10, 2018
- Join Us at Gesa Stadium for Star Wars Night - Tri-City Dust Devils
- AquaSox Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Everett AquaSox
- Canadians 'throw away' chance to extend lead in North Division - Vancouver Canadians
- Sox Knock Three Jacks in Loss, 10-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Blank Devils 3-0 - Hillsboro Hops
- Boise Steals First Game of Series with Spokane - Boise Hawks
- Tri-City Shut out in Series Opener - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.