Traverse City Baseball Announces Schedule
Traverse City, MI - While Traverse City Baseball continues to put the final touches on the team's name and logo today the team announced the schedule for their inaugural 2019 season.
The team opens at home on Tuesday, May 28th against the Green Bay Booyah at 7:05 p.m., followed by a 11 a.m. contest on Wednesday the 29th. Fans can expect a tremendous Opening Day celebration on May 28th and Northern Michigan elementary students, and teachers, can look forward to a school day game on May 29th. The team will then hit the road for a two-game series against the Rockford Rivets on May 30th and 31st before returning home again on June 1.
The Traverse City Baseball season, as part of the Northwoods League, has a 36-home game and 72-game schedule that will run through August 11th.
"Now that we have the schedule completed, we will be finalizing the promotional calendar, setting fireworks dates and putting together the pieces that will make 2019 a season to remember" said Traverse City Baseball CEO Joe Chamberlin. Chamberlin also added, "while we don't have dates finalized but we know a few of our favorite theme nights will be on the calendar in 2019, including Star Wars Night, complete with an appearance from the 501st Legion, Paw Patrol Night, including your favorite pup characters, and a fantastic Fourth of July celebration."
June is a busy month with 16 home dates, including 7 home games on every Saturday Night (7:05 p.m.) and four Sunday games. Sunday game times will be at 2:00 pm early in the season and then switch to 6:00 p.m. for the final two Sundays to beat the summer heat.
Regular game times for Monday - Saturday games will be at 7:05 pm with a few exceptions for weekday day games.
16 home games are scheduled for July including the team being home for four games over the 4th of July holiday. There is a day / night doubleheader on Tuesday, July 23. The first game that day will be at noon, which is perfect for the summer camps, and then the second game will be at 7:05 p.m.
The season wraps up with just two games in August including the final home game on Friday, August 9th.
Many more promotions will be added throughout the off-season and will be uploaded to the Traverse City Baseball website when finalized.
Fans looking for the announcement of the team name can expect that shortly. Season and groups ticket sales dates will be announced in the coming weeks as well.
Traverse City Baseball is in its first season of the collegiate Northwoods League. For more information on the team please visit www.TraverseCityBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Honkers/Northwoods League Announce 2019 Schedule - Rochester Honkers
- Eight Players Set to Return for the 2019 Stingers Season - Willmar Stingers
- Booyah Announces 2019 Northwoods League Schedule - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Announce 2019 Northwoods League Schedule - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Traverse City Baseball Announces Schedule - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2019 Season - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces Schedule for 2019 Season - Duluth Huskies
- Bucks Announce 2019 Schedule; Will Host All-Star Game on July 16 - Waterloo Bucks
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2019 Season Schedule - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Schedule - Eau Claire Express
- Northwoods League Announces Schedule for 2019 Season - Northwoods
- Mallards Announce 2019 Game Schedule - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Announce 2019 Schedule - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.