Mallards Announce 2019 Game Schedule
Madison, Wis. - The Madison Mallards of the Northwoods League have announced their game schedule for the 2019 season.
The Mallards open their season at the Duck Pond on Tuesday, May 28th at 6:05pm against the expansion Kokomo Jackrabbits. In all the Mallards play 17 home games in May/June, 16 in July, and three in August. The schedule breaks down to two Monday games, two Tuesday's, ten Wednesday's, seven Thursday's, four Friday's, eight Saturday's, and three Sunday's.
The Mallards will host a scheduled double-header on Wednesday, July 24th against the Green Bay Booyah. Game one will start at 12:05pm, with game two at 7:05pm. This double header will be two separate gates, with a different ticket required for each game.
The Mallards will also host a day game on Wednesday, June 12th at 1:05pm against the Lakeshore Chinooks to celebrate school being out for the summer! June 12th is the first day of summer for Madison area schools.
The first half of the season will be complete at the end of play on Tuesday, July 2nd, with the second half beginning on Wednesday, July 3rd. The playoff format for 2019 will be announced at a future time.
As part of the 2019 expansion and realignment, the Northwoods League is adopting new divisional names: Great Plains and Great Lakes. The names serve as an homage to the growth the League has experienced over its 25-year history, as well as its vast geographic presence, stretching from the Great Plains at its western-most edge, throughout the Great Lakes region to the East. The Mallards will play in the Great Lakes West along with the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders, Green Bay Booyah, Lakeshore Chinooks, Wisconsin Woodchucks, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. The remainder of the Division and Sub-Division breakout is as follows:
Great Plains West: Bismarck Larks, Mankato MoonDogs, Rochester Honkers, St. Cloud Rox, and Willmar Stingers
Great Plains East: Duluth Huskies, Eau Claire Express, La Crosse Loggers, Thunder Bay Border Cats, and Waterloo Bucks
Great Lakes East: Battle Creek Bombers, Kalamazoo Growlers, Kenosha Kingfish, Kokomo Jackrabbits, Rockford Rivers, and Traverse City Baseball
In addition to the 36-game home regular season, the Mallards will once again host the Major League Dreams showcase on Tuesday, August 6th. This exhibition double header will feature the top 100 prospects in the Northwoods League. The players will be voted by and selected by Major League scouts. Game one is scheduled for 4:05pm, with game two at 7:35pm.
Mallards group and season ticket packages are now on-sale. If you are interested in bringing a group out or purchasing a ticket package please call the Mallards box office at 608-246-4277. Single-game tickets for all Mallards home games will go on-sale Saturday, April 25th at 9:00am.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Honkers/Northwoods League Announce 2019 Schedule - Rochester Honkers
- Eight Players Set to Return for the 2019 Stingers Season - Willmar Stingers
- Booyah Announces 2019 Northwoods League Schedule - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Announce 2019 Northwoods League Schedule - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Traverse City Baseball Announces Schedule - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2019 Season - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces Schedule for 2019 Season - Duluth Huskies
- Bucks Announce 2019 Schedule; Will Host All-Star Game on July 16 - Waterloo Bucks
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2019 Season Schedule - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Schedule - Eau Claire Express
- Northwoods League Announces Schedule for 2019 Season - Northwoods
- Mallards Announce 2019 Game Schedule - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Announce 2019 Schedule - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.