Top Five Home Games of 2019
The Belleville Senators play their home-opener in a little over three weeks and with 18 home games in 2019 there's plenty of exciting match-ups to take place at CAA Arena.
From all-Canadian match-ups to two new teams visiting Belleville, there's ample of intriguing games to be played in the Bay of Quinte before the year is out.
You can't get anywhere without playing your home-opener and for the Sens it comes on Oct. 11 when they face Binghamton on Opening Night presented by CAA for the second straight year. The Senators beat the Devils 5-2 in last year's opener and hold a 7-6-0-1 record all-time against Bingo.
For the record, Belleville is also 2-0 in home-openers.
Toronto, Laval and Manitoba will make stops to Belleville during the first half of the season for six total games. The Rocket visit three times, the Marlies twice and the Moose make one of their two visits.
Playing Canadian teams has been favourable for the Senators as they are 27-23-3-3 all-time against their rivals.
New Year's Eve
Spend the final day of 2019 with your Belleville Senators as for the first time ever they'll battle on New Year's Eve.
The opponent comes in the form of the Laval Rocket as the two teams will square off at 3pm as a perfect way to kickstart Sens fans New Year's Eve plans.
The Milwaukee Admirals, AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, and the Rockford Ice Hogs, AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, two new opponents for the Sens in 2019-20, will make their first and lone visits to Belleville in the first half of the season.
The Ads come to CAA Arena on Nov. 16 while Rockford arrive on Dec. 13. With the Senators also facing Manitoba and Grand Rapids, the Sens will face half of the Central Division in 2019-20.
The Cleveland Monsters pipped the Senators to the final playoff spot in the North Division last season by two points. After meeting eight times last season, the squads will only battle four times this year and the Monsters will visit Belleville for a back-to-back on Dec. 6-7.
Safe to say the Sens will be looking for payback that weekend.
Get in on the action throughout 2019-20 with Belleville Senators season tickets or flex packages. Single-game tickets are now on-sale through Dec. 31.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2019
- Florida Panthers Loan Nine Players to Thunderbirds for Training Camp - Springfield Thunderbirds
- San Diego Gulls to Host Ontario Reign in Free Exhibition Game September 30 at Honda Center - San Diego Gulls
- Thunderbirds to Welcome, Honor Roberto Luongo on Saturday, November 2 at MassMutual Center - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Top Five Home Games of 2019 - Belleville Senators
- 'Canes Sign Claesson to One-Year, Two-Way Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa Announces Four Re-Signings and Addition of Shaw
- Ottawa Senators Busy at 2020 NHL Draft
- Senators Release Community Impact Report
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie
- BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards