Tomahawks Edge out Black Bears
The Maryland Black Bears and Johnstown Tomahawks got set for another game Saturday night filled with hits throughout. The Black Bears were looking to avoid losing its fourth straight game while the Tomahawks looked for the sweep. And after 60 minutes, it was the Johnstown Tomahawks escaping with a 2-1 win and weekend sweep.
Johnstown scored the first period's lone goal thanks to forward Alex Gritz. After a physical start to the second period the Tomahawks struck again as forward TJ Koufis scores his first goal with the organization to make it 2-0. Defenseman Aidan McDowell responded for Maryland with a wrist shot goal from the far point to make it 2-1 later that period. Despite many chances in the third period, the Black Bears could not capitalized and lost the game 2-1.
The Johnstown Tomahawks and Maryland Black Bears will rematch with a weekend series at Piney Orchard Ice Arena next Saturday, February 20th at 6:40 PM ET and Sunday, February 21st at noon ET. Games can be streamed on HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2021
- Wings Sweep Austin with 3-1 Saturday Road Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Rout Bulls - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bruins Drop Second Consecutive Game to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- Norsemen Fall in Wild Third Period Finish to Bismarck ÃÂ - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Tomahawks Edge out Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Graziano Stands Tall in Debut for Weekend Sweep - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Steel Lose to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Wilderness Promotional Schedule Announced - Minnesota Wilderness
- Bugs Drop Fourth Straight at Home - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Wings Snag 3-1 Road Win over Austin - Aberdeen Wings
- Test of Wills Goes to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.