Bugs Drop Fourth Straight at Home
The Shreveport Mudbugs (19-6-4) stumbled and fell to the Amarillo Bulls, 3-1 Friday night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
Amarillo got on the board first in the opening period at 16:35 on their first PP when Jordan Venegoni shot in the rebound in front for his fifth tally of the season to give the Bulls a 1-0 lead. Shreveport had its chances as they out-shot Amarillo, 11-8 and went 0 for 2 on the PP.
The Bulls extended their lead at 10:15 of the 2nd period when Sean Vlasich raced towards the net and slipped in his second tally of the season to give Amarillo a 2-0 edge. The Bugs just couldn't muster much in the middle period and were out-shot in the period, 9-6.
Shreveport took a bad penalty in the opening minute of the third period and it was Ryan Coughlin tapping in his sixth goal of the year on the PP to make it a 3-0 contest. The Bugs ended a long goal-less drought at home at 18:50 when Braiden Dorfman rifled home his team-leading 12th tally of the season to make it a 3-1 game. Sean Bunting and David Breazeale earned the helpers as it was too little, too late for Shreveport.
Shreveport drops its third straight at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
The Bugs and Bulls will conclude their two-game series tomorrow night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2021
- Wings Sweep Austin with 3-1 Saturday Road Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Rout Bulls - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bruins Drop Second Consecutive Game to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- Norsemen Fall in Wild Third Period Finish to Bismarck ÃÂ - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Tomahawks Edge out Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Graziano Stands Tall in Debut for Weekend Sweep - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Steel Lose to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Wilderness Promotional Schedule Announced - Minnesota Wilderness
- Bugs Drop Fourth Straight at Home - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Wings Snag 3-1 Road Win over Austin - Aberdeen Wings
- Test of Wills Goes to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.