Bugs Rout Bulls
The Shreveport Mudbugs (20-6-4) scored early and late to ground the Amarillo Bulls, 5-1 in front of a packed house at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum Saturday night.
Shreveport lit the lamp just 2:17 into the 1st period when Matt Weber skated in and flipped in his tenth goal of the year through the five-hole shorthanded to give the Bugs an early 1-0 lead. Trenten Heyde earned the only assist on Weber's tally. The home team extended their lead on a busted play when Braiden Dorfman swatted home his team-leading 13th goal of the season in mid air from the RW circle to make it a 2-0 contest. Dawson Sciarrino and Chris Hedden picked up the assists. Shreveport led in SOG, 11-7 after one.
Shreveport continued where they left off in the 2nd period when Joe Mack scored his sixth goal of the season by simply never giving up on a puck along the short side as he was able to elevate a big tally at 4:30 to make it a 3-0 edge for the Bugs. Connor Gatto and Lukas Sedlacek earned the helpers. The Bugs then brought the house down just 22 seconds later as Gatto rifled home his fourth goal of the season from the LW circle to make it a 4-0 lead. Sedlacek picked up the only assist. The Bugs dominated the period and out-shot the Bulls, 15-8.
Amarillo got on the board at 1:08 when Harrison Scott sniped in his 12th tally of the season with a hard shot from the point to make it a 4-1 contest. That goal would be the only one for the Bulls as the Bugs thwarted any momentum from Amarillo for the rest of the game. Sedlacek shot in an empty-netter for his third goal of the season at 16:12 to put the icing on the cake for a 5-1 victory for Shreveport.
Arsenii Sergeev earned his fourth win in net with 24 saves on the night.
Shreveport snaps their four-game losing streak at home.
The Bugs will continue their longest home-stand of the season as they'll host the Odessa Jackalopes for a two-game series beginning next Friday night. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11 p.m. from George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. â
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2021
- Wings Sweep Austin with 3-1 Saturday Road Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Rout Bulls - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bruins Drop Second Consecutive Game to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- Norsemen Fall in Wild Third Period Finish to Bismarck ÃÂ - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Tomahawks Edge out Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Graziano Stands Tall in Debut for Weekend Sweep - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Steel Lose to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Wilderness Promotional Schedule Announced - Minnesota Wilderness
- Bugs Drop Fourth Straight at Home - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Wings Snag 3-1 Road Win over Austin - Aberdeen Wings
- Test of Wills Goes to Aberdeen, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.