Tomahawks Chop Black Bears
ODENTON, MD - The Johnstown Tomahawks extended its winning streak against the Maryland Black Bears to twelve Friday night with a 5-1 win. Two former Black Bears now Tomahawks, defenseman Quinn Warmuth, and goalie David Tomeo played key roles in the Johnstown win.
Maryland started off getting numerous scoring in the first period, but could not beat David Tomeo. It ended up being Noah Basarab scoring the first goal of the game for Johnstown, putting a rebound past Maryland goalie Cooper Black on the power-play to make it 1-0. Carson Gallagher put the Tomahawks up 2-0, also on the power-play, scoring on a slap shot from the left circle.
Wilmer Skoog got the Black Bears back in the game, scoring five-hole on Tomeo from the slot to make it 2-1. But unfortunately, the Tomahawks responded before the period was over, as Jesse Lycan scored on a breakaway to make it 3-1.
The third period was when Johnstown put the game away with the final two goals. After Maryland missed on a two-on-one opportunity, the Tomahawks took the puck down the other way and got a few shots off, with Max Kouznestov finishing the job to make it 4-1. Former Black Bears' captain Quinn Warmuth finished the nights scoring with a shorthanded goal from the blueline to make it 5-1.
Johnstown and Maryland will rematch in a game Saturday, October 12th at Piney Orchard Ice Arena with the puck drop set for 7:45 PM ET.
The Maryland Black Bears is a Junior Hockey Team that competes in the North American Hockey League (NAHL). Our players, 16-20 years old, are vying for NCAA DI/III Scholarships. The Black Bears are the hometown hockey team of Central Maryland and play out of the Piney Orchard Ice Arena. The Maryland Black Bears play for more than just wins!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2019
- Bulls Score Three Unanswered Goals to Derail Undefeated Lone Star - Amarillo Bulls
- Odessa Ends Scoring Drought, Falls 5-2 to Corpus Christi - Odessa Jackalopes
- Tomahawks Chop Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Pilots Ground the Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- IceRays Record Fifth-Straight Win against Odessa, 5-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Tomahawks Offensive Surge Proves Unbearable - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Game Cancelled - Minot Minotauros
- Home Again - Minot Minotauros
- IceRays Open at Home with Third-Straight Shutout of Odessa - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.