TinCaps to Hold National Anthem Auditions for 2019 Season
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Opening Night 2019 for the Fort Wayne TinCaps is coming up on Thursday, April 4 (7:05 p.m.) at Parkview Field. But before the first pitch of the season is thrown, the National Anthem will kick off the new year. With that in mind, the TinCaps will be hosting auditions to perform the National Anthem at games throughout the season.
Singers, instrumentalists, and groups are welcomed to try out. Auditions will be held at Parkview Field on Tuesday, Feb. 26 (4-6 p.m.), Wednesday, Feb. 27 (4-6 p.m.), and Saturday, March 2 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.). Those interested in trying out MUST schedule a tryout time in advance by contacting Rachel Lopez at 260-407-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that in recent years all tryout spots have been filled within 24-48 hours. Therefore, if interested in auditioning, schedule a tryout slot as quickly as possible.
Keep in mind that not everyone who tries out will earn an opportunity to perform before a game. Tryout participants will be evaluated by musical representatives from County Line Church of God, First Missionary Church of Fort Wayne, and Hope Missionary Church, as well as by TinCaps staff members.
Those who are selected to perform the National Anthem at one of the team's 70 scheduled regular season games will receive four (4) tickets to the game at which they perform. (Click here for the team's 2019 schedule.)
Single game tickets for the 2019 season go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 8 a.m. Fans who purchase tickets in person at Parkview Field on Wednesday from 8-10 a.m. will be treated to a free breakfast buffet in the Suite Level Lounge. Meanwhile, season ticket plans and group outings are already available. More information is available at TinCaps.com.
2019 TinCaps National Anthem Audition Key Details
o Tuesday, Feb. 26 (4-6 p.m.)
o Wednesday, Feb. 27 (4-6 p.m.)
o Saturday, March 2 (11 a.m-2 p.m.)
* Where: Parkview Field's Suite Level Lounge
* Who to Contact to Schedule a Tryout: Rachel Lopez (260-407-2808, email@example.com)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Six Former Kernels Invited to 2019 Twins Spring Training - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps to Hold National Anthem Auditions for 2019 Season - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Justin Turner Selected Among 20 Greatest Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers' New April Pass Available Now - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- TinCaps up for Minor League Baseball Awards
- Minor League Baseball President Pat O'Conner Visits Parkview Field During Midwest League Fall Meetings
- TinCaps to Enhance Parkview Field Experience in 2020
- Former Fort Wayne Players in 2019 MLB Postseason
- 57 Former Fort Wayne Players in Major Leagues in 2019