Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive Tackle Wade
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday the football club has re-signed national defensive tackle Brett Wade.
Wade, 27, has appeared in 20 games with the Tiger-Cats over two seasons (2018-19), registering two defensive tackles, one special teams tackle and two quarterback sacks. He also suited up in both of Hamilton's playoff games in 2019, including the 107th Grey Cup. Wade was originally selected by the Tiger-Cats in the second round, 15th overall, in the 2018 Canadian Football League Draft.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-1, 270-pound native of Regina, Saskatchewan played 40 regular season games for the University of Calgary from 2013 to 2017, recording 74 tackles and 6.5 sacks over his five seasons with the Dinos. In 2017, Wade was named a U Sports Second-Team All-Canadian and a Canada West All-Star. He was part of the Dinos' teams that won the Mitchell Bowl in 2016 as well as the Hardy Cup in 2016 and 2017.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 22, 2021
- RedBlacks Sign DL Reshaan Davis and Bring Back Jackson and Pickett - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Riders Sign Quarterback Tom Flacco - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive Tackle Wade - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Alouettes Ink Quarterbacks Philip Nelson and Broc Rutter - Montreal Alouettes
- Sindani Inks New Deal with Stamps - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Sign OL Lauderdale - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- CFL Combine Presented by New Era Goes Virtual in 2021 - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.