Tiger-Cats Add Two American Players to Practice Roster
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday the football club has added two American players to the team's practice roster, including defensive back Will Likely III and wide receiver Jalin Marshall.
Likely, 24, made five Canadian Football League appearances with the Toronto Argonauts in 2018, recording 12 defensive tackles, one pass defended, nine punt returns for 64 yards and 18 kickoff returns for 396 yards. In 2017, he signed as an undrafted free agent and attended training camp with the National Football League's New England Patriots.
The 5-7, 167-pound native of Belle Glade, Florida played 43 games over four seasons (2013-16) at the University of Maryland, registering 229 tackles, 16.55 tackles for loss, two sacks, 29 pass breakups, seven interceptions - two of which were returned for touchdowns - and five forced fumbles for the Terrapins. Likely also returned 87 kickoffs for 2,233 yards and two return touchdowns and returned 66 punts for 849 yards and four punt return touchdowns while at Maryland.
Marshall, 23, played in 10 NFL games, including one start, with the New York Jets in 2016, recording 14 receptions for 162 yards and two touchdowns, while returning 13 kickoffs for 324 yards and 18 punts for 100 yards. The 5-10, 200-pound native of Middletown, Ohio played in eight games with the Alliance of American Football's Orlando Apollos in 2019, recording 26 receptions for 364 yards and three touchdowns before spending time with the NFL's Oakland Raiders in May earlier this year.
Prior to turning pro, Marshall spent two seasons (2014-16) at Ohio State University collecting 74 receptions for 976 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns, while adding 28 carries for 175 yards and a rushing touchdown. He also returned 52 punts for 662 yards and had one punt return touchdown for the Buckeyes.
The Tiger-Cats also announced two other transactions Tuesday.
The following player has been released:
INT - WR - Janarion Grant
The following player has been added to the suspended list:
INT - OL - Demetrius Rhaney
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Brandon Zylstra Visits Edmonton Eskimos - Edmonton Eskimos
- Andrew Harris Named Shaw CFL Top Performer of the Week - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Trevor Harris and C.J. Gable Named CFL Players of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Add Two American Players to Practice Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign Raises $30,000 for Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Sign Defensive Back Stribling
- Tiger-Cats & Forge FC Announce 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign to Benefit Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Add Linebacker Wilson and Defensive End Bingham
- Tiger-Cats Select Nine Players in 2020 CFL Draft