Tiger-Cats Add Offensive Linemen Holmes and Dupuis to Practice Roster
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday that the football club signed two free agents to practice roster agreements, including international offensive lineman Lamar Holmes and national offensive lineman Mathieu Dupuis.
Holmes, 27, appeared in 21 games in the National Football League with the Atlanta Falcons over three seasons (2012-14), making 19 starts at both left and right tackle. The 6-6, 333-pound native of Gastonia, North Carolina, also spent time with the Detroit Lions last season after missing the 2015 campaign due to injury. He was originally selected by the Falcons in the third round, 91st overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft out of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Dupuis, 25, was selected by the Ottawa Redblacks in the fifth round, 45th overall, in the 2017 CFL Draft and attended Ottawa's training camp before being released yesterday (June 18). The 6-2, 296-pound native of Laval, Quebec, was a defensive lineman at the University of Montreal (2013-16) but will convert to the offensive line with the Tiger-Cats. He posted nine defensive tackles and 3.5 sacks in 2016 with the Carabins.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 19, 2017
- Tiger-Cats Add Offensive Linemen Holmes and Dupuis to Practice Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Sign International Wide Receiver Ryan
- Tiger-Cats Sign Seven 2018 CFL Draft Selections
- Former NFL Quarterback & Heisman Trophy Winner Manziel Signs with Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Seven International Free Agents
- Offensive Lineman Girard Comes out of Retirement to Rejoin Tiger-Cats