Tiger-Cats Add Offensive Lineman Tate to Practice Roster
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Sunday the football club has added American offensive lineman Trevon Tate to the team's practice roster.
Tate, 23, spent time with the National Football League's Cleveland Browns in May after taking part in the Oakland Raiders rookie mini-camp earlier this year. The 6-4, 295-pound native of Houston, Texas played in 53 games with 49 starts at offensive tackle over four seasons (2015-18) at the University of Memphis. After spending his freshman year at right tackle, Tate transitioned to left tackle in his sophomore year and was named to the All-AAC First Team as a junior and the All-ACC Second Team as a senior.
Tate was part of the 2018 Tigers' offensive unit that set school records for points (601), rushing yards (3,919), rushing touchdowns (48), first downs rushing (165), total first downs (344) and most yards in a season (7,324). His 53 games is also a school record for games played by an offensive lineman, a record he shares with Drew Kyser.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Defensive Lineman Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Add Offensive Lineman Tate to Practice Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign Raises $30,000 for Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Sign Defensive Back Stribling
- Tiger-Cats & Forge FC Announce 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign to Benefit Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Add Linebacker Wilson and Defensive End Bingham
- Tiger-Cats Select Nine Players in 2020 CFL Draft