Ticket Purchases For April 18 Legends Game To Benefit Earthquake Relief
The Lexington Legends and their fans are teaming up to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
Beginning immediately, funds from single-game, group and walk-up ticket sales for the Legends game Sunday, April 18 at Applebee's Park will be donated to the UNICEF relief fund. UNICEF is the preferred fund for major and minor league baseball.
The Legends also will collect donations of material goods at the gates April 18 as fans enter Applebee's Park for the 2:05 p.m. game against Greenville. Details on those donations will be announced later and will depend on priorities in Haiti at that time.
"We're always working very hard on supporting our local community, but we're also very proud and happy when we can support communities outside Central Kentucky," said Legends General Manager Andy Shea. "This is one of many ticket promotions and opportunities we will be doing to support the victims of the earthquake in Haiti."
For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit lexingtonlegends.com. Additional donations to UNICEF may be made at unicef.org.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from January 29, 2010
- Legends Caravan Set For February 2, 3, 4 - Lexington Legends
- Ticket Purchases For April 18 Legends Game To Benefit Earthquake Relief - Lexington Legends
- Polar Plunge Update - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- LexArts Inc. and Legends Seek Artist for Lou Johnson Tribute at Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Legends Host Fan Fest 2018 on March 17 with Games, Food, and Prizes
- Legends Announce New Food Options for Upcoming Season
- Tiedemann Named New Voice of Lexington Legends
- Legends Unveil 'Road to Opening Day' in Anticipation for Upcoming Season