Three Manatees Suspended
VIERA, Fla. - The Florida State League office announced today that three members of the Brevard County Manatees, INF Orlando Arcia, OF Jose Sermo and RHP Mark Williams, have been suspended for violating the league's On-Field Behavior Policy.
The suspension was handed down following an incident that occurred on Monday, July 7 in a game between the Manatees and the Clearwater Threshers at Space Coast Stadium. Arcia, Sermo and Williams were cited as instigators in the incident and were thus handed the following suspensions.
Arcia will be suspended for one game, effective on Saturday, July 12. Williams and Sermo will be suspended for three games, each. Williams will begin his suspension on Saturday, July 12, while Sermo will begin his suspension on Sunday, July 13.
Players serving suspensions from the Florida State League are required to leave the field before the game starts and may not be in the dugout or press box during the game. They must also change into civilian clothes and either leave the ballpark or take a seat in the grandstand well removed from the vicinity of their team's bench or bullpen.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 11, 2014
- Crawford Homers in Loss on Pitch for Pink - Clearwater Threshers
- Flying Tigers Roll Past Mets 9-3 - St. Lucie Mets
- Trade: LeBron Jersey for St. Lucie Mets Season Ticket - St. Lucie Mets
- Hammerheads Storm Back in 8th - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Stone Crabs Defeat 'Tees in Opener, 6-2 - Brevard County Manatees
- Hicks, Miracle Clip D-Jays in 2-1 Walk-Off Win - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Back to School Blast Friday, July 25 - Tampa Yankees
- Autism Awareness Night Saturday, July 26 - Tampa Yankees
- Miracle Welcome Heat Fans to Say Goodbye to Lebron - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Three Manatees Suspended - Brevard County Manatees
- Win Streak Snapped in 10-2 Loss - Clearwater Threshers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.