Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed defensive lineman Giovani Francois for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DL Giovani Francois (6'3", 255, Florida International University)joins the Sugar Skulls for his third season in the IFL, after having spent time with Green Bay and Iowa. Francois was a member of Iowa's 2018 IFL Championship-winning team, when he recorded nine total tackles and one sack in two postseason games that year. Across a four-year college career at FIU, Francois played 34 games, amassing 77 total tackles, including 14 tackles-for-loss and 11.5 sacks.
The Upper Marlboro, Maryland native attended Wise High School and was chosen to play for the Washington team in the Maryland Crab All-Star Game. He was also an inaugural selection to play for the South roster in the Chesapeake Bowl Game. Francois' God Uncle is Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 12, 2020
- Storm Bolsters Offensive Line - Sioux Falls Storm
- Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan
- Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season
- Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson
- Standout Wide Receiver Stanley Signs with Sugar Skulls