Texas Stars Weekly Update
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars conclude the final week of the 2016-17 season with three games against their in-state rival, the San Antonio Rampage.
-- THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE -- April 12 at 7:30 p.m. CST, April 14 at 7:30 p.m. CST and April 15 at 7 p.m. CST vs. San Antonio Rampage:
The Texas Stars and San Antonio Rampage meet for the final three games of the 2016-17 season on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The two clubs will face off in Cedar Park, at H-E-B Center, on Wednesday and Saturday, and at AT&T Center in San Antonio on Friday. In the previous 11 meetings, Texas holds a 7-3-0-1 record against San Antonio, and eight of the games this season have been decided by a goal. Brandon DeFazio leads all skaters in the series with nine points (2-79) for the Stars while Rocco Grimaldi leads all skaters with six goals in 11 games against Texas.
-- LAST WEEK'S RESULTS -- April 5 vs. Bakersfield Condors, 4-3 Win:
The Texas Stars opened up a pair of three-goal leads in the game, and held off a late push from the Bakersfield Condors, to take home a 4-3 win at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park last Wednesday. The Stars scored the first three goals of the night in the opening 10 minutes to chase Bakersfield goaltender Nick Ellis. Cole Ully's second-period goal held up as the game-winner, and rookie Nick Caamano tallied his first career point with an assist in his Texas debut.
April 8 at Charlotte Checkers, 9-3 Loss:
A four-goal outburst in period one set the tone for the Charlotte Checkers as they cruised to a 9-3 win over the Texas Stars at Bojangles' Coliseum last Saturday. Matej Stransky scored two of the Stars' three goals in the game. Aleksi Saarela (1-23) and Dennis Robertson (2-13) each tallied three-point games for Charlotte. Tom McCollum stopped 15 of 18 shots in net to earn his 11th win in 14 games.
April 9 at Charlotte Checkers, 3-1 Loss:
Justin Peters made the saves when needed, and Gavin Bayreuther's late third-period goal gave the Texas Stars a chance, but the Charlotte Checkers earned a 3-1 win at Bojangle's Coliseum on Sunday. The Stars and Checkers split their four-game season series in the finish, and the home team won every game. Bayreuther drilled home his second career goal for the Stars with 1:07 left in regulation, but Connor Brickley's empty-net tally for Charlotte sealed the final result. Tom McCollum stopped 27 of 28 shots in the win for the Checkers.
-- PRACTICE/TRAVEL SCHEDULE -- Monday: Day Off
Tuesday: Practice, 10 a.m. CST
Wednesday: Texas Stars vs. San Antonio Rampage, 7:30 p.m. CST
Thursday: Practice, 10 a.m. CST
Friday: Texas Stars at San Antonio Rampage, 7:30 p.m. CST
Saturday: Texas Stars vs. San Antonio Rampage, 7:00 p.m. CST
Sunday: Exit Interviews
-- UPCOMING PROMOTIONS -- Wednesday against the Rampage is an H-E-B Night with the Stars where fans can save $5 on their ticket purchase at the box office by donating an H-E-B-branded, non-perishable food item. Saturday's game is Fan Appreciation Night with the Texas Stars. Prizes, autographed items and more will be given away to various lucky seats and rows throughout H-E-B Center as the Stars thank their fans for their support this season. The game will also feature a Stars Green T-Shirt Giveaway.
Saturday's game is also a Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night and will feature Coke Zero Family Four-Packs. The first Stars player to score wins free scratch tickets for a lucky row of seats at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, courtesy of the Texas Lottery, and fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs and four soft drinks starting at just $16 per person, courtesy of Coke Zero.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and are currently playing their eighth season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Full season, 24-game, 12-game and six-game ticket packages for the 2016-17 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 11, 2017
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Reign Recall Gutierrez and Flinn from Manchester (ECHL) - Ontario Reign
- Reign Weekly: Reign Wrap up Regular Season, Celebrate Fan - Ontario Reign
- Playoff-Bound Griffins Close out Regular Season with Three Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Sign Campbell and Polei to ATO Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- San Antonio's A.J. Greer Named Winner of AHL's Yanick Dupre Memorial Award - AHL
- Defenseman Chaz Reddekopp Joins Reign - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Sign Moy to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rangers Assign Magnus Hellberg and Taylor Beck to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceCaps Ask Fans to "Rally in Red" - St. John's IceCaps
- Penguins Add Four Defensemen - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Weekly Update - Texas Stars
- Sound Tigers Add Jeff Kubiak to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms on Verge of 2017 Calder Cup Playoffs - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Week in Review: 4/5/17 - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- Stars, Rampage Announce Preseason Schedule
- Texas Stars Sign Nolan Gluchowski to AHL Contract for 2018-19
- Texas Stars Sign Brad McClure to AHL Contract for 2018-19
- SMG Names Sammy Wallace as GM of H-E-B Center at Cedar Park
- Dallas Signs Adam Mascherin to Entry-Level Contract