Tennessee Season Swimming in the Right Direction
It was the inaugural season, the inaugural game, and the Tennessee River Sharks put on a great performance for a near packed house at Camp Jordan Arena. The River Sharks out scored their opponents from Monroe LA 33 to 24. The Sharks went up 13 to 0 early in the first quarter and never trailed in the game. The Gators drew to within six points in the third quarter but the Sharks regained the momentum for the win. An estimated crowd of 3000 saw the River Sharks in the franchises first game. Many of the fans saw indoor football, in person, for the first time. All reports are that they were thoroughly entertained. "I had no idea it would be so much fun." This is better than I ever expected." "You mean we can go down on the field after the game and meet the players?" "I get to keep this ball?" were some of the comments heard from the fans at Camp Jordan Arena's first indoor football game.
Season tickets and Sponsorships are still available by contacting the River Sharks through the website, www.riversharksfootball.com .
The next home game for the River Sharks is April 8 when the St Louis RiverCity Rage comes to town. "We expect a sellout." said owner Jamie LaMunyon. "It was nearly a sellout for our first game and now that people realize how much fun it really is, ticket are going to go fast." The River Sharks will take reservations for the April 8 game on the web site and single game tickets will go on sale March 27.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from March 15, 2006
- Flying Aces Announce Radio Broadcast Partnership - Rapid City Flying Aces
- ThunderBolts Off to a Great Start - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- Rage chute flies open this weekend in Houston - RiverCity Rage
- Drillers drop opener to Katy - Beaumont Drillers
- Marshals Kickoff Party Scores a Touchdown - The Marshals
- NIFL Pacific North Season Preview - NIFL
- Tennessee Season Swimming in the Right Direction - Tennessee River Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.