TD and Saint John Sea Dogs Announce New Naming Rights Sponsorship
SAINT JOHN, NB - The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's (QMJHL) Saint John Sea Dogs are proud to announce a new sponsorship agreement with TD Bank Group. As part of the sponsorship agreement, Harbour Station, the Sea Dogs' home arena, will be renamed and that announcement will be made at a later date. The five-year sponsorship agreement will begin this year, ahead of the Sea Dogs' 15th Anniversary Season.
As part of the TD commitment to the Sea Dogs and the Saint John community, TD will host minor hockey practices with the Sea Dogs, deploy hockey-based community initiatives and elevate the in-game Sea Dogs experience through music events.
The announcement was made today outside Harbour Station as Frank McKenna, Deputy Chair, TD Bank Group, and Sea Dogs owner and CEO, Scott McCain, faced off in a community ball hockey match with local area youth.
"TD is committed to supporting and investing in the communities in which we live, work and play, and I'm excited to announce our sponsorship of the Saint John Sea Dogs," said Frank McKenna, Deputy Chair, TD Bank Group. "We are proud of our growing presence in New Brunswick, and this sponsorship represents an opportunity for TD to engage fans and the community in space where they can connect, participate, and cheer on the home team through signature events."
"This is a monumental day for not only the Saint John Sea Dogs, but the entire city of Saint John and the surrounding area," said Trevor Georgie, President & General Manager, Saint John Sea Dogs. "A sponsorship from a global financial institution like TD is a massive win for everyone in Saint John. We're absolutely thrilled about the opportunities the next five years will bring the Saint John Sea Dogs. Thank you to TD for believing in our city."
"Through this exciting naming rights sponsorship, TD has demonstrated its confidence in greater Saint John and the surrounding communities," said Mike Caddell, General Manager, Harbour Station. "What a great way to mark our 26th year of serving the region."
Since opening in 1993, Harbour Station has been the marquee events space in Southern New Brunswick. The arena has played home to the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL and the Saint John Riptide of the National Basketball League of Canada, and has hosted major concerts and events. TD is the first naming rights sponsor in the building's history.
The sponsorship announcement coincides with the launch of Sea Dogs Training Camp which marks the unofficial start of the 2019-20 hockey season.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from August 14, 2019
- The Cape Breton Eagles Have Landed: New Brand and Name Unveiled for Former Cape Breton Screaming Eagles - Cape Breton Eagles
- "Cruise with our Olympiques" Returns - Gatineau Olympiques
- TD and Saint John Sea Dogs Announce New Naming Rights Sponsorship - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- Anderson MacDonald Scores Two in 5-4 Loss to Eagles
- Maddy's Story - In Support of the Maddy Murphy Memorial Fund
- Saint John Sea Dogs and Canadian Mental Health Association Team up to Raise Awareness About Mental Health During Home Game
- Rescheduled Game: February 26th, 2020 - Saint John vs. Halifax
- MacDonald the Hero with Late Game Winner against Former Team