Tarantulas deal Cameron
[Topeka, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that the club has acquired defenseman Josh Akright in exchange for forward Garett Cameron.
Akright, a 62 200 pound defenseman from Haslett, Michigan played with both Oklahoma City and Tulsa this season. In 37 games played for both clubs, Akright had six points and 73 penalty minutes.
In exchange for Akright, the Tarantulas dealt forward Garett Cameron to the Blazers. In 28 games played for the Tarantulas, Cameron had 16 points and 38 penalty minutes.
The Topeka Tarantulas return home to the Landon Arena Friday, February 4th and Saturday, February 5th against the Fort Worth Brahmas. Start time for both games is 7:35 PM. During the weekend, the Kansas Expocentre will be offering $1 beers. Call the Tarantulas office at (785) 235-9466 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2005
- RiverKings hand first-place San Angelo 5-1 defeat - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantulas deal Cameron - Topeka Tarantulas
- Killer Bees Weekly Release - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Ice Bats 7-2-1 Since All-Star Break - Austin Ice Bats
- Colorado Eagles Looking to Rewrite CHL Record Book - CHL
- Bucks Drop Pair Over Weekend - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Gameday Preview - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.