Switchbacks FC Fall 2-0 to Reno 1868 FC on Saturday Night
Colorado Springs, CO - The Switchbacks FC fell to Reno 1868 FC 2-0 on Saturday night at Weidner Field.
Coming off of the road loss to Orange County SC, the Switchbacks were looking to improve on their home record at Weidner Field on Saturday night after a two and a half hour delay due to heavy snowfall. After a tight first half, Reno took the lead in the 65th minute when a headed clearance fell to the foot of Seth Casiple who fired a shot from 23 yards out into the upper left corner of the goal. The best chance of the night for the Switchbacks came from Shane Malcolm in the dying minutes of the game but Matt Bersano was there to make the save. Reno doubled their lead three minutes into stoppage time from Brian Brown's 1-v-1 with Abraham Rodriguez, but Rodriguez could only manage to get a piece of the shot as it landed in the back of the net to give Reno the 2-0 win on a cold Colorado night.
"We consistently get in the final third, but right now, the quality of the final pass and the final shot is just not there," said Switchbacks Head Coach, Steve Trittschuh. "We had tons of chances when we got into their defending third, but the quality of the players right now is just not there."
The Switchbacks are now on the road for the next two matches to face the Portland Timbers 2 on April 20th and Tulsa Roughnecks FC on April 24th. The Switchbacks return to Weidner Field on Saturday, May 4th to face El Paso Locomotive FC on bucket hat giveaway night to the first 1,000 fans in attendance, courtesy of Pikes Peak National Bank. Margaritas will also be available for only $3 all night long. Full 16oz beers will be available for $1 for the first 30 minutes after gates open at 5:00 PM. Tickets start at just $12 and are available HERE. For the price of a Switchbacks ticket and 2-5 beers, it is cheaper than buying 2-5 beers at a bar or restaurant.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 14, 2019
- Lights FC Steamrolls over Tacoma 5-0 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Zorros Light up Tulsa for First Home Victory of 2019 - Fresno FC
- Switchbacks FC Fall 2-0 to Reno 1868 FC on Saturday Night - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Stories
- Switchbacks FC Fall on the Road to RGV
- Switchbacks FC Sign Standout Pair of Air Force Academy Attackers
- Ish Jome Named to Second Consecutive USL Championship Team of the Week
- Switchbacks FC Earn Emphatic 3-0 Victory for Second Consecutive Win
- Ish Jome Named to USL Championship Team of the Week