Streaking Memphis 901 FC Travels to Loudoun United FC Tomorrow Night
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis 901 FC takes its two-match winning streak to Leesburg, Va., to take on Loudoun United FC tomorrow night at 6:30 (CT).
901 FC is coming off its second-straight win, getting two goals from Brandon Allen and two assists from Cam Lindley in a 4-2 win over Swope Park Rangers Saturday night at AutoZone Park. Memphis trailed 1-0 before scoring twice in the next five minutes, and Memphis then got two goals from Allen within 10 minutes in the second half to seal the victory.
Both of Memphis' last two wins have come when the club conceded first.
For his efforts in the match, Allen earned his second USL Championship Team of the Week honor of the year. He now leads the club with six goals on the season. In Memphis' five recent matches in which it has scored a total of 11 goals, Allen has accounted for five of them. This includes two-goal performances on July 20 and last Saturday.
Memphis and Loudoun met earlier this season at AutoZone Park on March 16, which was the second match in 901 FC's history. The club earned its first point in franchise history with a 1-1 draw, as Elliot Collier put home the club's first-ever goal in the 78th minute to erase a 1-0 halftime deficit.
After tomorrow, 901 FC returns to AutoZone Park for three-straight matches against Saint Louis FC (Sept. 21), Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (Sept. 24), and Bethlehem Steel FC (Sept. 28).
Charleston Battery Match Rescheduled
Memphis 901 FC's match at Charleston Battery that was scheduled for Sept. 2 has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m. (CT). The match was postponed due to a mandatory evacuation warning issued by the City of Charleston ahead of the potential arrival of Hurricane Dorian.
Tickets for the remainder of the season are available at www.memphis901fc.com/tickets.
For the latest information on the team, visit www.memphis901fc.com and follow the club on social media on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Images from this story
Joshua Morton, Brandon Allen, Pierre Da Silva and Elliot Collier of Memphis 901 FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 12, 2019
- Match Preview vs. Fresno FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Home Playoff Match at Stake in Nashville SC's Final Six Matches - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Saint Louis FC - Friday, September 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Charleston Battery - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- "Luces F.C." to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with $20 All-You-Can-Drink & Eat "Cerveza y Tamales". - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Phoenix's Asante Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- El Paso Locomotive FC Continue #Push4Playoffs in Inaugural Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Eintracht Frankfurt and Hertha Berlin to Meet at Al Lang Stadium - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Streaking Memphis 901 FC Travels to Loudoun United FC Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- Hackworth, LouCity Back to Work Prepping for Hartford - Louisville City FC
- Eight Things You Should Know About Fan Appreciation Night - Charlotte Independence
- Republic FC Continue Playoffs Push with 2-1 Road Win over Austin Bold FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Lights Fight But Can't Snap Rising's Streak - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Phoenix Rising Wins 19th Straight with 1-0 Win in Las Vegas - Phoenix Rising FC
- Indy Eleven Moves to Top of the East with 2-0 Win over Ottawa Fury FC - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.