Phoenix Rising Wins 19th Straight with 1-0 Win in Las Vegas
Phoenix Rising FC kept its historic winning streak going on, this time taking three points on the road at Las Vegas in a 1-0 shutout. Forward Adam Jahn netted the lone goal of the match in the 62nd minute and goalkeeper Carl Woszczynski earned his first clean sheet of 2019.
WHAT TO KNOW
Phoenix Rising extends its winning streak to 19 matches.
Adam Jahn notched his 15th goal of the season.
Goalkeeper Carl Woszczynski earned his first clean sheet of 2019.
Both teams played to a scoreless draw after the first half with neither getting a shot on target. Then just after the hour mark, halftime sub Junior Flemmings got down the left flank of the field and sent in a cross intended for Joey Calistri. The Las Vegas defense got in front of the cross, but the ball kicked out into space at the top of the box and to Jahn.
Following a quick cut back toward the rolling ball, Jahn turned and fired a left-footed shot that beat the keeper to the far left side of the net for the game-winner.
Lights FC's most dangerous chance came in the dying moments of the match. With just over one minute of stoppage time left, Vegas drew a foul just outside of the Rising 18-yard box. Las Vegas' Preston Tabort Etaka got his shot on target, but Woszczynski was there to stand tall and grab the shot before it had a chance to sneak under the crossbar.
Phoenix Rising will now head back to Casino Arizona Field this Saturday, September 14th, to take on LA Galaxy II. The match will air live on Your PHX CW (channels 6 & 61.1) with kickoff at 7:30 p.m. The first 2,500 fans will get a Phoenix Rising Sugar Skull pint glass. Gates open at 6 p.m. and fans can purchase tickets at PHXRisingFC.com.
LAS VEGAS LIGHTS FC 0-1 PHOENIX RISING FC
PHX: 62', 9-Adam Jahn
PHX: 49', 21-Joey Calistri (caution)
LV: 65', 19-Tabort Etaka Preston (caution)
LV: 88', 24-Jose Villareal (caution)
Starting XI: 1-Carl Woszczynski; 32-Kyle Bjornethun, 2-Doueugui Mala, 15-Joey Farrell, 16-Austin Ledbetter; 41-James Musa, 19-José Aguinaga, 27-Kevon Lambert; 14-Jason Johnson (46', 7-Junior Flemmings), 9-Adam Jahn, 21-Joey Calistri (84', 20-Solomon Asante)
Subs not used: 28-Zac Lubin, 3-A.J. Cochran, 8-Corey Whelan, 22-Ben Spencer, 95-Ramone Howell
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 12, 2019
- Match Preview vs. Fresno FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Home Playoff Match at Stake in Nashville SC's Final Six Matches - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Saint Louis FC - Friday, September 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Charleston Battery - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- "Luces F.C." to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with $20 All-You-Can-Drink & Eat "Cerveza y Tamales". - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Phoenix's Asante Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- El Paso Locomotive FC Continue #Push4Playoffs in Inaugural Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Eintracht Frankfurt and Hertha Berlin to Meet at Al Lang Stadium - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Streaking Memphis 901 FC Travels to Loudoun United FC Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- Hackworth, LouCity Back to Work Prepping for Hartford - Louisville City FC
- Eight Things You Should Know About Fan Appreciation Night - Charlotte Independence
- Republic FC Continue Playoffs Push with 2-1 Road Win over Austin Bold FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Lights Fight But Can't Snap Rising's Streak - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Phoenix Rising Wins 19th Straight with 1-0 Win in Las Vegas - Phoenix Rising FC
- Indy Eleven Moves to Top of the East with 2-0 Win over Ottawa Fury FC - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Rick Schantz Resumes as Phoenix Rising FC Head Coach
- Rising Advance to Western Conference Finals with 5-4 Win in Penalties
- Rising looks to advance to Western Conference Final Tonight vs. Reno 1868
- Rising Advance to Conference Semifinals with 1-0 Win vs. Republic
- Rising hosts Sacramento tonight at 7:30 PM on CW61 Arizona, ESPN+ and ESPN 620