Stormy Night Suspends Series Opener
Mother Nature brought Tuesday night's series-opener between the Rome Braves (15-15) and the Asheville Tourists (13-16) to an early end, as play was suspended in the top of the third inning. The R-Braves controlled a 5-0 lead over the visiting Tourists, who were at bat when play was halted. After a 50-minute delay, the umpires met with both managers and decided to call the game.
After a quick first inning, Rome jumped out in front thanks to a huge home-half of the second. Four walks, three hits, and one error pushed across five runs for the Braves. Bryce Ball, Logan Brown, Jesse Franklin V, Andrew Mortiz, and Cody Milligan each touched home plate while Ball, Milligan, and Riley Delgado tallied RBIs. After Bryce Elder picked up his third strikeout in the top of the third inning, the umpires stopped play.
The two teams will resume the contest starting at 5 p.m. Wednesday. It will be a full nine-inning affair, while a seven-inning nightcap will follow afterwards. Fans with tickets to tonight's game can exchange them (for tickets to tomorrow's doubleheader or any other home games this season) by visiting the Rome Braves Box Office.
Wednesday's daily promotion is All-You-Can-Eat Wednesday. With the All-You-Can-Eat Ticket Package, which starts at $36, fans can enjoy unlimited concession items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda. A limit of two items are permitted each trip to the concession stand.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from June 8, 2021
- Hot Rods Drop Series Opener to Aberdeen on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dash Battle Past Greenville 6-4 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Stormy Night Suspends Series Opener - Rome Braves
- Eighth Inning Homer Gives Winston-Salem 6-4 Win - Greenville Drive
- Tuesday's Series Opener Washed Out - Hickory Crawdads
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (June 8) - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rome Braves Stories
- Vines, Riley, Yeager Combine to One-Hit Asheville in Saturday Night Victory
- Handful of Homers on Hammerin' Hank Night Hand Tourists Victory
- Rangel Shines, Rome Beats Asheville 2-1
- Hot Bats Hand Braves 9-4 Victory over Tourists
- Huascar Ynoa Scheduled to Rehab in Rome Sunday