Storm Shutout Rival Stars to Improve to 3-0 in Corn Cup
Lincoln, NE. - The Tri-City Storm posted a 4-0 shutout victory over the Lincoln Stars at the Ice Box on Friday night. Cole McWard, Victor Czerneckianair (2), and Nicholas Donato scored goals in the Storm's win. Todd Scott turned away all 24 shots on net to record his first victory of the Corn Cup. Following tonight's 4-0 shutout victory over the Lincoln Stars, Tri-City now returns home to the Viaero Center for a matchup against the Omaha Lancers on Sunday. Tickets are $5 and are available for purchase online at www.StormHockey.com. Puck drop is set for 4:05pm.
Cole McWard scored the opening goal of the game at 4:05 of the 1st period to give the Storm a 1-0 lead. At 10:27 of the 1st period, Victor Czerneckianair netted his first goal of the Corn Cup to give Tri-City a two-goal lead. The goal was assisted by Guillaume Richard. Just over a minute later, Victor Czerneckianair scored another goal to increase the Storm's lead to 3-0. Tri-City outshot Lincoln 12-10 in the 1st period and took a 3-0 lead into the 2nd period. No goals were scored by either team in the 2nd period and the Storm carried its three-goal lead into the 3rd period.
Nicholas Donato scored the only goal of the 3rd period to give Tri-City a 4-0 win. Donato's goal was scored at 14:01 of the 3rd period. Tri-City outshot Lincoln 10-9 in the 3rd period, 33-24 overall, and posted a road shutout victory of the Lincoln Stars to improve to 3-0 in the Corn Cup.
Todd Scott made 24 saves on 24 shots to record his first victory of the preseason. Tri-City has now outscored its opponents 13-4 and has outshot its opponents 112-65 in the 2020 Corn Cup.
The Storm return to action on Sunday, October 25th in a home game against the Omaha Lancers. For the latest information regarding the Tri-City Storm, including tickets to the next home game, visit www.StormHockey.com
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2020
- Hockey Returns to Titletown - Green Bay Gamblers
- Storm Shutout Rival Stars to Improve to 3-0 in Corn Cup - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks Shut out Youngstown En Route to 4-0 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Dubuque Handles Des Moines 4-1 in First Preseason Action - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Thanksgiving Ticket Sales Dates Announced - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Announce New Home for Radio Broadcasts for 2020-21 Season - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Preview: Storm Travel to Lincoln for Game #3 of Corn Cup - Tri-City Storm
- Campbell Steps Down After 16 Seasons - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.