Hockey Returns to Titletown
After a 230 day hiatus, Gamblers Hockey officially returned to Resch on Friday Night. With social distancing measures and mask mandates in place, the Gamblers took on Team USA.
Third-year forward Kyler Grundy got the Gambles on top early in the first. Fellow veteran Cam Thiesing added the assist. Team USA would get on the board a few minutes later and the first period would end 1-1.
Team USA would take the lead on a goal from Logan Cooley. The second-period ended 2-1 in favor of the visiting team.
Early in the final period newcomer Cam VanSickle would tally his first goal as Gambler and tie it up. With 15 minutes left in the final period Team USA found the back of the net. After several rush opportunities, the Gamblers would ultimately come up empty and fall to Team USA 3-2.
Hockey in 2020 continues on Halloween Night as the Green Bay Gamblers play host to the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Puck drops at 7:05pm. Tickets are available online at GamblersHockey.com or by calling the box office at 800-895-0071.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2020
- Hockey Returns to Titletown - Green Bay Gamblers
- Storm Shutout Rival Stars to Improve to 3-0 in Corn Cup - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks Shut out Youngstown En Route to 4-0 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Dubuque Handles Des Moines 4-1 in First Preseason Action - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Thanksgiving Ticket Sales Dates Announced - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Announce New Home for Radio Broadcasts for 2020-21 Season - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Preview: Storm Travel to Lincoln for Game #3 of Corn Cup - Tri-City Storm
- Campbell Steps Down After 16 Seasons - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.