STLFC Announces Masta Kacher Signing
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Saint Louis FC announced the club has acquired midfielder Masta Kacher from fellow USL Championship club Real Monarchs SLC, pending league and federation approval. Per club policy, details of the transfer will not be disclosed.
Kacher has made 38 appearances for the Monarchs since arriving prior to the 2018 USL Championship season and has recorded four goals, three assists and 26 key passes during his time with the club.
"I'm really pleased we've been able to sign a player of Masta's quality at this point in the season," said STLFC Head Coach Anthony Pulis. "With the unfortunate circumstances of Joaquin Rivas and Matt Thomas needing surgery, plus Austin Martz retiring, it was imperative we added another attack-minded player to our squad. He has a lot of technical ability and I'm sure he'll give the group a positive boost."
A native of Azazga, Algeria, Kacher has duel Algerian and Canadian citizenship. He came through the Montreal Impact Academy and made his professional debut for former USL Championship club FC Montreal in 2015 where he scored two goals over 36 appearances.
Kacher then signed with Colorado Switchbacks FC and started every game for the club in the 2017 Championship season, making 32 appearances and recording five goals, seven assists and 45 key passes.
"First of all, I want to thank the Real Salt Lake organization for their professionalism and the opportunity they gave me," said Kacher. "Now, I'm very excited to join Saint Louis FC. Playing against this team a couple of times in the past, I was always surprised by the fan-base and the support they give to the club and the city. Also, working with Coach Pulis will be an honor and I can't wait to get started with my new teammates."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 16, 2019
- Nashville SC Looking to Start a Strong Run for the Second Half of the Season in Memphis - Nashville SC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Memphis 901 FC - Nashville SC
- Danny Barrera Named to USL Team of the Week - Hartford Athletic
- Martinez Voted to USL Championship Team of the Week - Charlotte Independence
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face El Paso Locomotive FC - San Antonio FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC and the City of El Paso Partner up for Streetcar Soccer Interview Series - El Paso Locomotive FC
- LouCity Releases 2020 Seating Map and Ticket Prices - Louisville City FC
- Penny Hardaway to Smash Guitar at Tomorrow's Memphis-Nashville Match - Memphis 901 FC
- Fury FC Wal Fall's Goal Earns Him Spot in 18-Player Selection of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Jordan Burt Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Fresno Goalkeeper CJ Cochran Selected to USL Team of the Week - Fresno FC
- Monarchs' Martinez Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Forward Adam Jahn Named to USL Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Forward Douglas Martinez Voted USL Championship Player of the Week - Real Monarchs SLC
- Three Things: Pittsburgh 1 - 1 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- STLFC Announces Masta Kacher Signing - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Transfers Midfielder Masta Kacher to Saint Louis FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Energy FC Face Reno Tomorrow Night at Taft Stadium - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.