Stingers prepare for opening games
Greenville, MS. Andy Stoglin, Coach of the ABA Mississippi Stingers professional basketball team, took his squad on the road on Monday and Tuesday to scrimmage with the ABA Arkansas Rimrockers at the Alltel Arena. According to Coach Stoglin, "It was an eye opening trip; we basically split with the Rimrockers, a very good team, and while we were comfortable with our performance, recognize the need to improve. We're heading into training camp this week to prepare for our season opener on November 20th against the Jacksonville Wave at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood."
Stoglin added, "We follow up that game with another "home opener" at the Washington County Convention Center on Monday, November 29th against the Reigning Knights of Georgia."
Tip off for both games is 7PM. General admission is $7. (fan friendly and affordable). On Saturday, December 4th, the Stingers will travel to Clarksdale, MS for the inaugural Aaron E. Henry Basketball Classic, sponsored by the Jackson Advocate newspaper at Coahoma Junior College. For ticket information, call 662 335 6206 or visit www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from November 3, 2004
- ABA salutes all candidates, winners and losers - ABA
- Keith Duany joins Jam - Maywood Laguneros
- Trajan Langdon signs with ABA champion Long Beach Jam - Maywood Laguneros
- Thunder announce team sponsorships - Charlotte Krunk
- ABA and TracerCode reach exclusive memorabilia agreement - ABA
- Tycoons announce active roster - Texas Tycoons
- Stingers prepare for opening games - Mississippi Miracles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.