Steelheads Agree to Terms with Moroz
Boise, ID - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with forward Mitch Moroz on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season.
Moroz, 24, returns for his second season with the Steelheads. The Calgary, Alberta native appeared in 22 games with Idaho in 2017-18 before his season ended due to injury in early December. Serving as an assistant captain with the Steelheads, Moroz tallied five goals and 12 points, along with 88 penalty minutes.
"We're excited to welcome Mitch back to Boise. He was just heating up when his season was cut short due to injury," said Graham. "He still maintained a leadership role for our group throughout the season."
Prior to his injury, Moroz had scored two goals in his prior three games and collected 19 minutes in penalties. He registered two multipoint games and three contests with ten penalty minutes or more in his 22 outings.
"It's an honor to put on the Steelheads jersey once again, and I am very thankful for the opportunity this organization has given me," said Moroz. "With a culture that is built on character and winning, it has become a player's dream to find himself in Boise. It means a great deal to be part of this beautiful and growing city."
A second-round draft pick of the Edmonton Oilers in 2012, last season was the first ECHL campaign for Moroz. The 6-foot-2 forward played his first three professional seasons in the American Hockey League with Oklahoma City, Bakersfield, and Tucson, totaling 14 goals, 28 points, and 314 penalty minutes in 147 AHL games.
"Mitch brings a physical edge to the lineup every night, as well as a strong net-front presence with good hands around the crease," said Graham.
Prior to turning pro, Moroz played parts of five seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Edmonton Oil Kings, collecting 64 goals and 123 points in 213 games and winning two WHL titles and the 2014 Memorial Cup.
Moroz is the second player to agree to terms with the Steelheads this off-season, joining teammate Steve McParland.
Season ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now. To purchase your seats for Steelheads hockey, contact the Steelheads front office at 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
Images from this story
Idaho Steelheads forward Mitch Moroz
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 28, 2018
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Moroz - Idaho Steelheads
- Binetti and Tetrault Team up for Podcast - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Unveil All-Star Weekend Jersey - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Partner with ESPN Upstate - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Add Three to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Adds Leadership, Versatility in Texeira - Wichita Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Announces Preseason Schedule - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Make First Signing of Summer, Ink Forward Locans - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Announce Home Preseason Game October 6 vs. Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Americans to Host Education Day Game in December - Allen Americans
- Komets Add Three to Roster; Schaafsma, Binkley, Lowney Agree to Terms - Fort Wayne Komets
- Walleye Receive ECHL Award of Excellence - Toledo Walleye
- Klotz Returns as First Signee - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Welcome XYMOPrint as Presenting Sponsor for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Re-Sign Steven Kaunisto - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Kale Kessy Joins Steelheads
- Idaho Steelheads Add Rookie Defenseman Scott Dornbrock
- Brian McCormack Named Director of Broadcasting for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage
- Steelheads Acquire ECHL Rights to Justin Kea from Florida Everblades
- Alexander Dahl Returns to Steelheads for Second Season