Steel Release 2022-2023 Regular Season Schedule
GENEVA, ILLINOIS - The Chicago Steel, in coordination with the United States Hockey League, released its full 2022-2023 regular season schedule Monday.
The Chicago Steel full 2022-2023 regular season schedule may be accessed here.
The Steel kick off the regular season slate with matchups against Western Conference opponents at the DICKS Sporting Goods USHL Fall Classic in Cranberry Township, Penn., in September. Chicago squares off against the Fargo Force on Thursday, Sep. 22 and takes on the defending Clark Cup Champion Sioux City Musketeers on Friday, Sep. 23 at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex.
The club travels to Michigan for a matchup against the Muskegon Lumberjacks on Friday, Sep. 30 before Chicago's home opener at Fox Valley Ice Arena on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 7:05 pm CT against the Green Bay Gamblers.
Chicago faces off against Green Bay a total of 10 times during the season, tied for the most common matchup between for the Steel as well as 10 contests against the defending Eastern Conference Champion Madison Capitols, who eliminated the Steel from the 2022 Clark Cup Playoffs with a 2-1 series victory in the best-of-three Eastern Conference Semifinals.
The season's first rematch against Madison is a clash in Wisconsin on Saturday, Oct. 8 while the first game on home ice versus the Capitols is on Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7:05 pm CT.
Chicago embarks on six road contests during the month of December, the most of any calendar month during the season slate, but start the month hosting two games against the Muskegon Lumberjacks on Friday, Dec. 2 and Saturday, Dec. 3 with 7:05 pm CT puck drops as well as a contest against the Gamblers on Friday, Dec. 30 with a special 6:05 pm CT holiday week start time.
Western Conference teams make two appearances at Fox Valley Ice Arena in the regular season with the Waterloo Black Hawks visiting on Friday, Jan. 20 and the Des Moines Buccaneers make the trek to Geneva on Saturday, Jan. 21.
Chicago's popular Sunday afternoon puck drops return during the 2022-2023 regular season with four chances to see hockey as a matinee. Starting with a faceoff against Team USA (U17) on Sunday, Feb. 19, the Steel schedule includes 3:05 pm CT start times against Madison on Sunday, March 5 and Sunday, March 19 as well as a date with Team USA (U18) on Sunday, April 2.
Prior to the Sunday afternoon game on April 2, the Steel and Team USA (U18) drop the puck on Saturday, April 1 at 7:05 pm CT as the top two junior programs in the world for producing NHL Draft picks over the last two NHL Drafts engage in a two-game weekend series.
Rounding out the Eastern Conference matchups throughout the year, the Steel see the Youngstown Phantoms eight times with four contests at home (Oct. 21, 22; Nov. 18, 19). Both the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and Dubuque Fighting Saints are slated for six contests against the Steel while Team USA (U17) plays five times against Chicago.
In the coming weeks, the Steel will announce additional ticketing details including on sale dates for groups, suites and single-game tickets, as well as a full promotional schedule for the 2022-2023 season.
Chicago Steel season ticket plans are on sale now starting at five games for just $50. Season ticket plans are built on flexibility as fans have the option of choosing their own games throughout the season with multiple benefits including season ticket gifts and special events.
For more information, call 855-51-STEEL or visit ChicagoSteelHockeyTeam.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 20, 2022
- Mavericks Make Hong an Offer - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 2022-23 Schedule Released - Lincoln Stars
- Lancers Release 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule - Omaha Lancers
- Gamblers Announce 2022-23 Schedule - Green Bay Gamblers
- Musketeers Release 2022-23 Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- 2022-23 Schedule Released - Fargo Force
- Stampede Release 2022-2023 Regular Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lumberjacks Release Schedule for 2022-23 Season - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Fighting Saints Release 2022-23 Schedule - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Waterloo Black Hawks Schedule Released - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel Release 2022-2023 Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Steel
- USHL Announces 2022-23 Schedule - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Steel Stories
- Steel Partner with SuperSeriesAAA to Host Steel Icebreaker Tournament
- Steel Announce 2022 Preseason Schedule
- Four Players with Steel Ties Selected at 2022 NHL Draft
- Steel Release 2022-2023 Regular Season Schedule
- Nick Moldenhauer and Jayden Perron Selected to USHL All-Rookie Second Team