Staten Island Falls to Aberdeen in Rain Shortened Game 4-1
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.-The Staten Island Yankees fell 4-1 in game one a three-game series with the Aberdeen Ironbirds in a rain shortened affair on Thursday night at Richmond County Bank Ballpark.
The Yankees took the lead in the first inning on a home run by Ezequiel Duran, but the Ironbirds responded with three runs in the second inning and a run in the fourth inning to get the win. Kevin Magee pitched well for the visitors and picked up the victory.
This game was stopped in the bottom of the sixth due to a weather delay and was called later on in the night, which gives the victory to Aberdeen because it was ruled an official game.
The Yankees will look to bounce back tomorrow night against the Ironbirds back at Richmond County Bank Ballpark. First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 23, 2019
- Renegades Cruise Over ValleyCats - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spikes' Spate of Doubles Not Enough in 7-5 Loss to Muckdogs - State College Spikes
- BKLYN Takes Two from the Tigers - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Swept in Doubleheader against Brooklyn - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Scrappers Rally Late at Williamsport - Williamsport Crosscutters
- 3rd And 4th Innings Lead Lowell Past Vermont 7-3 - Vermont Lake Monsters
- IronBirds Shutout Yankees in Game Two - Aberdeen IronBirds
- IronBirds Win Rain Shortened Contest in Staten Island - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Staten Island Falls to Aberdeen in Rain Shortened Game 4-1 - Staten Island Yankees
- Pena Homers in Doubledays Win over Black Bears - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.