Stamps in Edmonton for Labour Day Rematch
The Calgary Stampeders attempt to complete the season-series sweep of their provincial rivals when they face the Edmonton Eskimos at Commonwealth Stadium on Saturday in the annual Labour Day rematch. Kickoff is at 5 p.m. MDT.
The Stamps (6-4) have won both previous meetings with Edmonton (6-5) this season including Monday's Labour Day Classic in Calgary by a score of 25-9. The Stamps also downed the visiting Eskimos 24-18 on Aug. 3 at McMahon Stadium.
Monday's win - which featured the return of Stamps quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell and was highlighted by a 143-yard rushing performance by Ka'Deem Carey and a 10-catch, 138-yard effort by Reggie Begelton - allowed Calgary to leapfrog Edmonton for third place in the West Division.
Calgary has won 10 of the 12 most recent Labour Day rematches, which have been played in all but one year since 1989. It's been a tightly contested series of late as nine of the 14 most recent games have been decided by seven points or fewer and only two have ended with a difference of more than 10 points. Overall, the Stamps are 12-3 in their 15 latest regular-season visits to Commonwealth.
Calgary is 2-2 on the road so far this season and 4-1 against West Division teams while Edmonton is 4-1 at home and 2-4 against the West.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 5, 2019
- Player Discipline Announced for Week 12 - CFL
- Stamps in Edmonton for Labour Day Rematch - Calgary Stampeders
- '99 Grey Cup Team Reunion Set for Rob Hitchcock's Wall of Honour Night on October 4 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- This Week in the CFL - Week 13 - CFL
- Tickets Now On-Sale for 2019 Grey Cup Festival Presented by Shaw - CFL
- Eskimos Welcome Kids to Clarke Field for FREE Pre-Game Family Fun - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tickets Now on Sale for Grey Cup Festival - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.