Stampede Update: Herd Host Lincoln Tonight, Hockey Day SD Tomorrow
The Stampede (21-11-7) continue their five-game homestand on Friday night when they host the Lincoln Stars (17-18-1) for the first time this season at the PREMIER Center at 7:05 PM. The Herd are 0-1-1 against the Stars this year. These two teams will meet again on March 11th in Sioux Falls.
The Stampede enter the weekend 5-0-1 in their last six games and are coming off a 4-3 victory over Fargo on Tuesday night. The Herd are currently tied with Omaha for second place in the Western Conference and just one point back of first place Waterloo.
Hockey Day In South Dakota Saturday
The first ever Hockey Day in South Dakota will take place this Saturday at the Scheels IcePlex and the PREMIER Center. The Sioux Falls Flyers Bantam A club will host the Oahe Capitols at 12 PM followed by the Flyers Boys Varsity game against Oahe at 2:05 PM. The day concludes when the Stampede host Omaha at 7:05 PM. Tickets are just $12 and are good for all three games. To purchase tickets, call the Stampede at 605-336-6060 or visit the PREMIER Center Box Office on game day for the special offer.
HOCKEY DAY SOUTH DAKOTA SCHEDULE
Oahe Capitals vs SF Flyers JV
Oahe Capitals vs SF Flyers Bantam A (Boys)
Oahe Capitals vs SF Flyers Varsity (Boys)
Omaha Lancers vs Sioux Falls Stampede
Post-Game Skating Party Saturday Night
Bring your skates to the game on Saturday for the final post-game skating party of the season on the PREMIER Center ice. Immediately following the game, fans of all ages can hit the ice for 30 minutes and skate with their favorite Stampede players. As a reminder, there are no skate rentals at the PREMIER Center so please bring your own. Fans can skate on the ice, get autographs and take photos during the event.
For non-skating fans, several Stampede players will be made available after the game to sign autographs out in the main lobby.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Lancers Hold on to Decisive Lead - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Shoot Down the Stars, 4-2 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Drop Opening Game of the Weekend to Fargo - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Keep Gamblers at Bay - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Lancers Edge Saints, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Stars Fall to the Stampede, 4-2 - Lincoln Stars
- Jacks Fire USHL-High 58 Shots, But Fall 5-3 to Capitols - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- A-OK McKay - Madison Capitols
- Preview: Storm Return Home for First Matchup with Fargo - Tri-City Storm
- Stampede Update: Herd Host Lincoln Tonight, Hockey Day SD Tomorrow - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.