Stampede tickets go on sale March 9
Tickets for the San Angelo Stampede Express indoor football team's 2009 season, its first in a new 19-team league that spans the country, go on sale Monday, March 9.
Tickets to individual games can be purchased at www.sanangelotexas.us, or at the team's offices at 2210 Austin St.; Blair's Western Wear, 4230 Sherwood Way; Elite Physique, 3109 Knickerbocker Road; or the San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo Association, 200 W. 43rd St. Tickets may also be purchased by calling (325) 947-DOWN (3696) or e-mailing [email protected]
Ticket prices range from $5 to $25. Season ticket packages can be purchased for $70 per ticket for end zone seats, $95 for mid-zone seats, and $150 for box seats. Season tickets must be purchased at the team's offices.
The Stampede Express will play 7 home games in the San Angelo Coliseum during the upcoming season as part of the new Indoor Football League. The Stampede Express, which finished last season on a four-game winning streak, kick off their sixth season at home April 4 against the Colorado Ice. The remainder of the team's home games will be:
April 11 vs. Odessa.
May 2 vs. El Paso.
May 9 vs. Wichita, Kan.
June 13 vs. Corpus Christi.
June 27 vs. Abilene.
July 11 vs. El Paso.
The Stampede Express will compete in the IFL's Lone Star Division against the Corpus Christi Hammerheads, the Odessa Roughnecks, the Abilene RuffRiders, and the El Paso Generals. All games kick off at 7:05 p.m. and are played in the Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St.
The team will be led by first-year head coach Sonny Cumbie, a former Snyder schoolboy legend, prolific Texas Tech quarterback and Arena Football League Rookie of the Year.
On April 3-4, the Stampede Express and Gandy Ink will team to present Randy White's Big Man's Camp for offensive and defensive linemen, and for linebackers who are 14-18 years old. The former Dallas Cowboys All-Pro defensive lineman and NFL Hall of Famer will be teaching the fundamentals of pass rushing technique, hand-fighting, leverage, footwork, and hand-eye coordination.
The camp will be from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. April 3 and from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 4 at San Angelo Stadium, 1919 Knickerbocker Road. Registration will be at 5 p.m. April 3 and 8 a.m. April 4. The cost is $90 for both days or $65 for one day. All participants will get a camp T-shirt and a ticket to the Stampede Express' home-opener on April 4.
Joining White at the camp will be University of Texas star receiver Quan Cosby, Harlon Hill Award winner and former Abilene Christian University running back Bernard Scott, and Canadian Football League quarterback Dalton Bell, who played collegiately at West Texas A&M.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 6, 2009
- Ruff Riders Acquire Players, Assign Defensive Coordinator - Abilene Ruff Riders
- Fairbanks Grizzlies Sign Size and AFL Talent - Fairbanks Grizzlies
- Stampede tickets go on sale March 9 - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Colorado Ice Preparing For Season-Opener - Colorado Crush
- Omaha Beef Round out Solid Offensive Line - Omaha Beef
- Wild Single Game Tickets On-Sale Monday - Wichita Wild
- Indoor Football Preview 2009 - OSC Original by Danny Burnham
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps