Stampede Express Travel To El Paso For Final Game Of Four-Game Road Trip
San Angelo, TX- The San Angelo Stampede Express (3-5) head into this weeks game against division leading El Paso Generals (6-2) looking to bounce back from their 63-78 loss to the same El Paso Generals this week in El Paso
The San Angelo Stampede Express jumped out to a commanding 21-8 lead in the 1st quarter of play showing that they can hang around and play with the very impressive El Paso offense. But the second and third quarter was doomed by San Angelo miscues and El Paso was able to regain the lead and not look back
The Stampede Express will look to limit their mistakes on defense and special teams this week. "With scoring as many points as we have been putting up on the score board these past couple of weks, if we can eliminate some of the mistakes that we have been making on Special Teams and on pass coverage I know we have a chance to play and beat any team in this league", said Interim Head Coach Billy Ray.
The offense has in deed been putting up some impressive numbers these pass two weeks as QB Sonny Cumbie has thrown 32-59 with a completion percentage of 54% for 397 yds and 11 TDs. Cumbie will be looking to go to WR Kaylon Price again this week quick and often. Price played an important role last week catching 6 passes for 100 yds and two touchdowns.
El Paso Generals are coming into this week with a 1.5 game lead over second place Abilene and will look to move to 7-2 on the year and come closer to clinching the first playoff spot in the Lonestar division.
The San Angelo Stampede Express roll back into the San Angelo Coliseum next Saturday June 13th, when they face off against the Corpus Christi Hammerheads. Kickoff is set for 7:05.
You can check out all the Stampede Express action this Saturday at 8pm Central Standard time by logging onto the San Angelo Stampede Express website at www.sanangelostampede.com and clinking on the B2networks link.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from June 4, 2009
- Roughnecks Return To The Road For Third Meeting With Corpus - West Texas Roughnecks
- Poppinga Returns to Storm - Sioux Falls Storm
- This Week in the IFL - IFL
- ICE Look to Close in On Second-Place Division Finish - Colorado Crush
- Stampede Express Travel To El Paso For Final Game Of Four-Game Road Trip - San Angelo Stampede Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps