Sporting KC Renews Ticketing Partnership with SeatGeek
SeatGeek today announced a multi-year renewal of its partnership with Sporting Kansas City as the club's official ticketing partner. Since announcing the partnership in 2016, SeatGeek and Sporting KC worked together to innovate the matchday experience through forward-thinking strategies like mobile ticketing and custom ticket management. Known as one of the more innovative teams in sports, Sporting KC never shied away from taking bold, progressive steps when it comes to its ticketing experience. The club signed on as SeatGeek's first ever direct ticketing partner back in 2016 and was one of the first teams in the world to sell directly through Snapchat back in 2018.
From the beginning of their partnership, SKC utilized SeatGeek's tools and technology to improve the ticketing experience for its supporters. According to a survey conducted by the team, over 88 percent of fans said SKC's decision to partner with SeatGeek showed that the club was creating "the best experience for their fans."
"SeatGeek has gone above and beyond as our ticketing partner and we look forward to continuing our partnership," said Sporting Kansas City Chief Sales Officer Gregg Allen. "Our fans love using SeatGeek, and we have experienced a new benchmark in collaboration: from working closely with their team on product development to taking part in the Client Advisory Board with other industry leaders around the globe."
This is SeatGeek's first renewal announcement since breaking into the primary ticketing market in 2017. Since signing Sporting Kansas City, SeatGeek announced ticketing partnerships with five additional MLS teams, as well teams across the NFL, NBA, and English Premier League.
"We are so proud of the success we've seen through our partnership with Sporting Kansas City and are thrilled to continue it for years to come" said Danielle du Toit, President of SeatGeek Enterprise. "The past three years have shown what is possible when SeatGeek collaborates with a strong, innovative team and organization. As our first partner, SKC have a special place in our hearts and set the tone for how we approach client relationships and enterprise partnerships. We are looking forward to the future, where we will continue to provide the best matchday experience for the fiercely loyal SKC fanbase."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 13, 2021
- Chris Armas Named Toronto FC Head Coach - Toronto FC
- Sam Vines Continues to Impress USMNT Coaching Staff Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- All Eligible Candidates for 2021 National Soccer Hall of Fame Election Announced - FC Dallas
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Michael Barrios from FC Dallas - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Trades Michael Barrios to the Colorado Rapids - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Introduces Official Team Mascot, Tempo the Coyote - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Signs Defender Robin Jansson to New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Renews Ticketing Partnership with SeatGeek - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC and Love, Tito's Team up to Support the Victory Project and Other Nonprofits
- Compass Minerals Launches Youth Soccer Scholarship
- Sporting KC Welcomes Patrick Mahomes as Member of Sporting Club Ownership Group
- Sporting KC Weekly
- Sporting Earns Massive 3-1 Win over Seattle