South Bend Cubs Advance to Division Championship
SOUTH BEND, IN - For the first time as a Chicago Cubs affiliate, the South Bend Cubs have advanced to the Midwest League Division Championship after defeating the Bowling Green Hot Rods 7-4. The Cubs will host Game 1 on Saturday, September 7 at Four Winds Field. Gates open at 6:00 p.m. and first pitch is set for 7:05 p.m.
The last time the South Bend baseball franchise advanced to the Division Championship was in 2013, then known as the South Bend Silver Hawks affiliated with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Manager Mark Haley would go on to defeat the Fort Wayne Tincaps in the Division Championship two games to one. South Bend's all-time playoff record is 40-27.
Dugout box seats are $14 and field box seats are $12 in advance. Ticket prices will go up one dollar on the day of the game, so fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance. Tickets can be purchased right now at SouthBendCubs.com. The South Bend Cubs Box Office will open at 10:00 a.m. on Friday and 12:00 p.m. on Saturday for fans wanting to purchase their tickets in person.
Continuing their post-season promotion, fans will be able to enjoy Thirsty Thursday drink specials on Saturday. Fountain sodas (20oz.) and domestic draft beer (16 oz.) will be available for $2.00 each.
The full breakdown of the Midwest League Postseason schedule is posted below:
Round 1 - Division Quarterfinal - Best of 3 (September 4 - 6)
Series #1 - Great Lakes Loons vs. Lake County Captains (Series tied 1-1)
Series #2 - Quad Cities River Bandits vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels (Series tied 1-1)
Series #3 - South Bend Cubs vs. Bowling Green Hot Rods (South Bend wins series 2-0)
Series #4 - Kane County Cougars vs. Clinton LumberKings (Clinton wins series 2-0)
Round 2 - Division Championship - Best of 3 (September 7 - 9)
Series # 5 - Eastern Series #1 Winner vs. South Bend Cubs
Series # 6 - Western Series #2 Winner vs. Clinton LumberKings
Round 3 - League Championship - Best of 5 (September 11 - 16)
Series #7 - Eastern Division Champion vs. Western Division Champion
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 5, 2019
- South Bend Cubs Advance to Division Championship - South Bend Cubs
- Captains Survive, Force Game Three - Lake County Captains
- Cedar Rapids Evens Series with 2-1 Win over Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters throws 7 no-hit innings as Clinton sinks Cougars with 10-1 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Extend Quarterfinals with 2-1 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Blow Lead in Ninth, Watch Season End with 7-4 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- It's Now Winner Take All - Great Lakes Loons
- Peyton Burdick Named MWL Player of the Month - MWL
- Future Stars, Baseball, and New Promotions Highlight Snappers Fun-Filled 2019 Season - Beloit Snappers
- Cubs Start Playoffs with 2-1 Win over Hot Rods - South Bend Cubs
- Three-Run Homers Carry Clinton to Game One Win - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- Cubs Host Second VIP Football Watch Party November 7
- FAQ: Stu & Swoop's Cops and Goblins on October 26
- Cops & Goblins Tickets Available at Cubs Den Saturday
- South Bend Cubs Host VIP Football Watch Party October 10
- Video Board Message Donations Return for Breast Cancer Awareness MonthÃÂ