Peyton Burdick Named MWL Player of the Month
September 5, 2019 - Midwest League (MWL) News Release
SOUTH BEND, Ind. - Minor League Baseball announced today Clinton LumberKings outfielder, Peyton Burdick, has been selected as the Uncle Ray's Player of the Month for August. In recognition of the honor, Burdick will receive an award from Minor League Baseball and Uncle Ray's, the "Official Potato Chip of Minor League Baseball".
Clinton LumberKings (Marlins) outfielder Peyton Burdick batted .337 while leading the league in runs (26), RBI (30), on-base percentage (.458), slugging percentage (.632) and OPS (1.090). He finished second in home runs (six) and third in total bases (60). On Aug. 12, Burdick finished a 10-game hit streak with a two-home run game during which he batted in six of Clinton's seven total runs. Burdick, 22, was selected by Miami in the third round of the 2019 First-Year Player Draft out of Wright State University.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 5, 2019
- South Bend Cubs Advance to Division Championship - South Bend Cubs
- Captains Survive, Force Game Three - Lake County Captains
- Cedar Rapids Evens Series with 2-1 Win over Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters throws 7 no-hit innings as Clinton sinks Cougars with 10-1 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Extend Quarterfinals with 2-1 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Blow Lead in Ninth, Watch Season End with 7-4 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- It's Now Winner Take All - Great Lakes Loons
- Peyton Burdick Named MWL Player of the Month - MWL
- Future Stars, Baseball, and New Promotions Highlight Snappers Fun-Filled 2019 Season - Beloit Snappers
- Cubs Start Playoffs with 2-1 Win over Hot Rods - South Bend Cubs
- Three-Run Homers Carry Clinton to Game One Win - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.