Sounders FC Acquires General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced that it has acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) from Nashville SC in exchange for the Homegrown Priority to defender Nick Hinds. As part of the agreement, Seattle Sounders FC will retain a percentage of any future transfer fee for Hinds. Hinds, a Sounders FC Academy product, has 68 USL appearances after signing a pro contract with Tacoma Defiance following a standout collegiate career at Akron. The 23-year-old heads to Nashville after his option was declined following the 2020 season.
"We'd like to thank Nick for his service to the club and his professionalism along the way," said Sounders FC General Manager & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey. "We're pleased to see him get this opportunity and wish him the best of luck going forward."
After a two-year career at the University of Akron, Hinds signed a professional contract with Sounders FC's USL side in January of 2018. He started 40 of 53 USL appearances over his first two pro seasons and made his First Team debut for Sounders FC in a Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match in 2018. In his two collegiate seasons with the Zips, Hinds started 30 of 44 appearances, recording 11 goals and eight assists.
TRANSACTION: Sounders FC acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) in exchange for the Homegrown Priority to defender Nick Hinds on February 22, 2021. As part of the agreement, Seattle Sounders FC retains a percentage of any future transfer fee for Hinds.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 22, 2021
- Jordan Morris Scheduled to Return Stateside to Prepare for Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Columbus Crew SC
- Toronto FC Hire Barrieu as Director of High Performance - Toronto FC
- Nashville SC Signs Homegrown Defender Nick Hinds from Seattle Sounders FC - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Acquires General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Statement from General Manager Marc De Grandpre - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Signs Midfielder Franco Ibarra - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Jersey Rights Partnership with MTX Group - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Announces Jersey Partnership with Honey - LA Galaxy
- Austin FC Announces Preston Burpo as Goalkeeper Coach - Austin FC
- Exploria Stadium Establishing Itself as Top Soccer Destination - Orlando City SC
- MLS Names Sola Winley Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Shandon Hopeau to San Antonio FC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2021 Season
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale
- Sounders FC Celebrates Frontline Healthcare Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match vs. San Diego
- Sounders FC Receives Approval to Welcome Fans Back to Lumen Field in a Limited Capacity to Open 2021 MLS Season